Personally my wife and I thought the resort was beautiful. We stayed in one of the suites, of which all of them were in the process of being re-done inside(On a side note I noticed that they had completely gutted one of their hotel/studio buildings and were re-doing that too). The only problem we encoundered was low water pressure one day, and that was corrected after contacting the hotel staff within an hour. The cable TV was a fuzzy, but what are you doing inside watching TV on vacation? You can do that at home! The room was clean, and very nice and up-to-date.
The drinks at the resort were great, but I do agree that the buffet food was just OK, nothing spectacular. The resort grounds were impecably manicured and very well taken car of. The staff was really friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel comforatable there. Not everyone speaks english(wait staff, maintenance, etc), but the people on the front line all do speak english -- we speak very little spanish and had no problems.
By the way, for the person who complained out not having hot water, all you have to do is flip the switch with the light on it in the bathroom to "ON" and you will get hot water. The tanks are electric and controlled inside of the room.. presumably to save energy when not in use!
Overall, the Hacienda was a good experience, the VIP areas were just incredible if you have access to them. It was very relaxing will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine waking up in your own luxury suite as another perfect day dawns in the Dominican Republic. A gentle sea breeze rolls in as you enjoy fresh island fruit and cup of famous Dominican coffee on your private terrace. Just a three-minute walk away, breathtaking Cofresi Beach awaits with water sports, sailing, deep sea fishing and the aquatic wonders of Ocean World. And, as a member of the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, you can plan to enjoy even more exclusive V.I.P privileges. The Residence Suites offer every comfort and luxury of a first class vacation destination. Set within 12 three-story Spanish-Mediterranean hillside buildings, couples and families can enjoy our two bedroom suite with spacious living and dining areas, private baths and fully-equipped kitchenettes. No detail has been overlooked to assure your vacation experience provides every comfort and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Residence Suites at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Hotel Puerto Plata
- Hacienda Resort All Inclusive