We live here on the north coast and took advantage of the $10 per person per night anniversary special that was offered through Cheap Caribbean vacations. This was definitely a bargain. We found the hotel to be very clean. Our room was large with a balcony and partial ocean views. We did not have hot water the first night but it was fixed that night (too bad we had already showered) and we had plenty of hot water for the rest of the stay. The staff was very courteous and attentive to our needs. The package did include access to the VIP beach area and this is a must. Very nice and relaxing on ocean side beds. The top shelf liquors that were served here also were very good with great service by the staff. The sushi bar was really a California roll bar with good rolls but no real sushi. There is also a good limited menu served at the VIP beach and we ended up eating lunch there instead of the buffet. As for the buffet it was nothing special bud adequate. Breakfast was good with the traditional offerings and an omelet station. Lunch was nothing special and we ate dinners at the ala carte restaurants. The buffet did not look that appealing other then on American BBQ night with some good rib, chicken and meat offerings. We ate at the Asian restaurant with the food being ok but some it was so salty as to be impossible to eat. When we complained about the salt they redid our dinner with much less salt. We also ate at the Seafood ala carte with a very good shrimp and scallop kabob. We ate at the 8:30 sitting (hey have reservations for 7 or 8:30) which was nice as we were able to sit, relax and enjoy desserts and after dinner drinks. Along with a great Dominican cigar for me. We did not leave the restaurants until 10:30 or later.
Because of the late dinners we did not go to the resorts evening entertainment but we are not fans of this kind of activity anyway. All in all it was a very relaxing mini get away for us at a clean, well kept resort. We also were never once approached by a time share salesman. Maybe it was the way we looked . However our friends traveling with us had to say no every day but a simple no did the trick so don’t worry about them. There also were no beach vendors roaming around which was kind of nice as well.
Was it worth it… for our price YES. We did find lots of folks from the DR as well as traveling from elsewhere taking advantage of this bargain price. Would we go again…YES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach