5,178 results
All reviewsvip beachgeorge of the jungleblue lagoonwelcome partyocean worldsalamisushi barcasa blancacaramellodominican republicwater aerobicscasablanca buffetbeach bedsvip partythese guyshorseback ridingserenity beach
Reviewed October 10, 2010

For the $10 per person deal they had at the time, it was awesome. Other prices, I´m not as sure.

It is located on a beautiful beach, but everything else is pretty far away and they rip you off on the cab fairs, so you get a bit stuck.

Drinks are good, food is mediocre (I would say the level of Chili´s in the posher restaurants). Service is great, and the room was nice.

Internet is $8 an hour and it kicks you off and charges a minute you didn´t use about every 10 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank platypuspup
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We had a great time at this resort! We are members of the Travel Advantage Network and received a glittery red bracelet upon our arrival. Even before getting this bracelet we were expedited through the check-in line - we arrived along with about 30 other people from the airport that were all in the same group. Dancers did a show in the lobby and everyone was welcomed with a cool drink as the lobby was quite hot that day. I spoke with people of all different color wrist bands and NO ONE had any complaints. We weren't safe from the welcome tour, aka sales presentation, but upon learning that we were already part of TAN and on our honeymoon the driver quickly returned us to our section of the resort and wished us well. If you're honest, up front, and stern without being rude I wouldn't worry about spending hours in a sales presentation.

The room was clean and very attractive thanks to a wrap around balcony. The food wasn't terrible and some items were actually excellent. Even though we weren't VIP members of LIfestyle I never felt like I missed anything. The private beach was beautiful with cold water jaccuzzi's throughout and more than enough beds to relax on. The VIP beach waiters were very on top of things. I never finished a glass of champagne because if the waiter thought it was getting warm he'd bring a fresh one.

Even though the resort seemed pretty full at no point did we feel it was too packed to enjoy. It's a huge resort with wonderful views and not far from many tours/expeditions and a stone's throw from the casino/nightclub at Ocean World. There were plenty of activities throughout the day, a nice spa, small but adequate workout room, and shows almost every night. I would definitely recommend for a romantic getaway or a adult group vacation. There were some kids there, but I would think they'd get bored as it seemed like more of a relaxation spot.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MrsRamirez9510
Reviewed October 1, 2010

My husband and I went for a winter get-a-way. We were pleased with the room, nothing fancy, but clean. The pools were nice and not crowded at all. The VIP beach beds were taken up quickly but we could usually find a place. The beach was okay, not particularly pretty but it worked. The party at the casino at Oceanland was okay, but basically a Vegas show so not all that exciting to us. We really enjoyed Oceanland. The only downside to this visit was the timeshare sales people. They lurk like vultures and harass you to go to a "welcome/orientation" meeting which is a bunch of crap. It's a sale meeting, pure and simple and they are relentless until you go. We wasted 7 hours of our first day there. It's not required so DON'T GO and you'll be just fine. Oh, and you can get free WIFI in some areas of the VIP beach.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank G0ttafly
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Spent a week at the Residential Suites. Rented a 1 bedroom suite from a friend, paid all inclusive rate and relaxed. With the Blue wrist band you can go everywhere except the Serenity Beach and one of the Restaurants. Check in was easy, we arrived early so we stashed our luggage, got a wrist band, and hit the VIP beach. No problems then returning and getting a room. The Residential suites are at the top of the hill. You can wait for a shuttle but I found the walk relaxing and not at all taxing, even after a day of drinking. The Room had a good closet, AC and was attached to a Kitchen/ Dining room with a large balcony. My only complaint here is the bed was hard, just shy of concrete. The mini fridge had beer, soda and water every day. I liked the quite at the Residential suites at night, but the pool there was too quiet in the day. We spent most of the time at the VIP beach. The hard bed came in handy helping me get to the VIP beach in time to reserve an elevated bed. With drink and food service, access to the surf and the cool water Jacuzzis, the VIP beach was the place to be. The beach isn’t perfect but served the purpose. Lots of folks complain about the food. I cant really, the VIP Beach food was good. The first day we signed up for the welcome fest and each of the specialty places and enjoyed each. The Italian was my least favorite for dinner but I loved there breakfasts. One issue is that the staff does not explain things unless you ask, so the first day we kind of felt lost, but once I started asking where to go, everyone was helpful. The main buffet was good as well. I really liked the carrots they were huge, and tasty. My wife and I made a game of trying to create the best plate of food from the buffet and had a blast. The timeshare guys, stalked us for two days. We made small talk at breakfast and before you knew it were whisked to the new VIP sales area in the middle of the resort on a golf cart moving too fast to jump off of. Once there we were handed a cold washcloth, relaxed in the AC until the sales lady came over, and then straight up firmly said, “we are not interested, don’t have the money and would like to be left alone” and then walked out. Only once more did someone approach us, and I think it was because he was new. Other things we liked; the on site shop for rum and essentials, the spa, and the VIP party. The resort had a lot of local folks staying on it as well so we got to see lots of different cultures and everyone was relaxed. The “class” system was stratified, we had second highest status but those who did not were obviously unhappy. Also some of the owners there were really not nice people. Many had a sense of entitlement toward the staff that bothered me. But the staff was great. I think the worst part of the trip was the airport. It is old and outdated, once you are in the price gouging begins. I would go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank B1gDaddy
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I'm a meeting planner by trade therefore I travel quite a bit. Lifestyle Beach Resort and Spa is the WORST place I have ever been. Time share salespeople harass you the minute you walk into the place. if you are not an owner or thinking about purchasing a place, you are treated like garbage. Food poisoning for two of us, shattered knee from wet tile for another one of us. No top shelf liquors for the "losers" like us that only have the white wristbands.
Vacation from hell - NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends