My wife, sister, and friend just returned from 12 days at the Lifestyles Resort. We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean and Mexico and paid little heed to the negative reviews for this resort.
We arrived on Thursday April 15 at the Puerto Plata airport via Continental. The flight, customs, and travel to the resort went very smoothly. We were greeted at the resort with a nice welcome cocktail and were in our rooms within 15 minutes. We had a junior suite in building #5. The room was nice and clean, typical of all of the resorts we have gone. As it was later in the afternoon, we decided to check out the pool and swim up bar. The cocktails were good and free flowing.
The next day we walked the beach and ended up at the VIP Beach. This was indeed the beginning of a wonderful adventure. The VIP Beach has canopy beds to relax in. The staff was excellent, providing continuous service right to your beach bed. The cocktails were always top shelf and ample. We know what a tip here and there will do for service. We tipped generally $10 per day to the bar staff at the beach - the best investment we could make. The service that Hector and Juan provided us was phenomenal. Take care of them and they will take care of you! On a couple of the days we ventured to the VIP Pool area. It was much more casual and relaxed, but equally good. Spending time at the VIP areas definitely made you feel that you were pampered.
We were looking at our pictures last evening and I realized that so many of the previous reviews must have been wrong. In all of our pictures, we were holding cocktails and had smiles on our faces!
As far as the restaurants go, we went to all of them with the exception of the Italian. Reservations with my girlfriend Lucia (she hugged me when we left) were simple and usually available. The food was very good and plenty of variety. The buffet was a little repetitive, but always looked good and had variety. Nobody went hungry and we were always pleased.
One evening we walked over to meet some people that we had met that were staying in a villa. WOW!!!. The villa was a 3 bedroom, living room, dining area and kitchen. Stepping through the french doors is your own pool and sun deck.
For those of you expecting to be at a 5 star resort and yet go on the cheap, think again. I rate this as a 4 star resort and an exceptional value. For the 12 days that we were there, our whole deal was $1,000 per person.
Having been to numerous all inclusive resorts, this one definitely ranks among the best. We are already talking about going back and staying in a villa - well worth the little extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach