1st of all if you give a negative review its because you did not do your homework
when i went i was some what prepared but i had to adapt to my situation
when i arrive they took an hr to get my room ready then they give me a nice room but the view was not so good i did not see the ocean even though i paid extra for an ocean view so i went to the front they changed it for me within 15 mins.
after that i spent the day relaxing in my room by the beach pool or one of a couple of bars
they have a lot of activitys by the pool they teach you how to dance,speak spanish,play blackjack,make drinks,they put on live concerts and shows on and in the pool and much more
the staff is always friendly always say hi or how are you and always have a smile on and always are in good spirits
they have a simple gym (very simple) but you get some work out done.
i did not try the spa
the food varies but most of the time its very good (most of the time) there deserts need more variations
ocean world is a must
now the biggest issues i had were
-money exchange they are a major rip off do not change your money with them unless you truly have to (really dont exchange with them you will regret it)(cant stress it enough)
my reasons are
-the dollar is worth 36 and a half ...they exchange the dollar for 36
so if you change 200 dollars you get 7000 pesos instead 7300 so you lose 8 dollars
now lets say you use 3000 pesos now you have 4000 pesos left so you would think they would change it back but they don't because they have it in small letters on the sign they dont change pesos into dollars they tell you to go change it at airport ok...so now your at the airport and the air port changes it at 36 pesos per dollar...so you lost already 8 now with the new exchange you loose 4 dollars so on 200 dollars u lose 12 dollars on a so on .
-Now there is no wifi or internet in any of the rooms
only in the lobby and you have to pay per use
5 half hr
-phone calls are crazy
1 dollar per minute to the us
20 pesos per min domestic
so by a cell when you get there or before the cheap ones cost you about 500 pesos (14 dollars)worth it..
-the guy that try to sell you the vip will keep asking you to take the tour i say take it i personally liked it and at the end of the tour i told them its not for me and they gave me a mama juana and thats the last i heard of them....so just get it over with its very nice it last like 15 mins
- last but not least always have a play to go out into the city with a tour guild (very important ) it is not to dangerous out there but better safe then sorry and they help alot
i used a tour called the man tour (http://themantour.net/) this was great we went to bar and club hopping i had a great i had a great time the guy who gives the tour is american and knows where all the partys trust me you would have a great time...if you do book the man tour tell him BIG LUIS from NY sent you ........the vaction was great but remember you have to make it great....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach