I read the reviews for this hotel before booking and I decided there were enough good reviews to go. Unfortunatly I wish I had have listened to the bad reviewers. Maybe we would not have had to leave 3 days early.
I must say, the resort itself was very easy on the eyes. This was the first trip out of the county for my boyfriend and I. From the moment we stepped of the plane we were in awe of the beauty! The resort itself was clean, staff were helpful and friendly, and the cosmetics of the hotel were great!
But that is where it ends.
On the 2nd day there, my boyfriend and I got extremely sick (we did not drink the water, did not have ice in our drinks, did not eat meat, and did not eat anything uncooked.)
I was hospitalized and put on IV, we had to be flown home the next day, from then on I spent a day in the hospital back home in Toronto, and spent the next month in bed very ill.
I somehow contracted bacterial stomach flu. Though I will never know how...
The doctors and the staff at the resort were very helpful and took great care of me as I was very scared. Though having bottled water brought to the room was like pulling teeth, as well as toilet paper, we waited hours before my boyfriend had to walk all the way to the lobby him being very sick as well.
The food was ok the first night, though there is not much variety and was not great at all.
The locals are all over the beach and will come harass you. They let the locals in the resort pools as well on the weekends.
That turned me off the most.
I must say I will never travel to the Dominican Republic ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach