We've just returned from a one week stay at the Hacienda Tropical, March 4 thru 11, and were pleasantly surprised, even though the rooms have problems. We haven't done many Apple Vacations, but when we saw a discounted price on this trip we jumped.
The first impression of the room was an overhealming musty smell, and the first inclination is to open the patio door to air it out. Two bellhops, a maid and the vacation rep couldn't open it, but a maintenane person came to the room within half an hour and showed us the "trick" to opening the door (basically the track was broken). I suggest paying the $24US for the safe in the room. Several people complained that their patio doors wouldn't lock and our maid left it open one day. Other problems: The refrigerator was noisy, so we unpluged it and mopped up the defrost. A wall sconce shade fell off the wall in the middle of the first night. We told our vacation rep and it was repaired two days latter. The air conditioner leaked about two quarts of water on the floor the first night we used it. We mopped up the water and didn't use the AC again. There may be a shortage of hot water when everyone showers around 6pm and the maid may have to return in the evening to supply clean towels if there weren't any available when she cleaned the room. There's also a shortage of beach towels. The matresses are shot and extremely uncomfortable.
That may sound negative, but the room was clean, had a televsion with plenty of channels, and a balcony with an ocean view.
The other areas of the resort were very nice. The buffet had a great variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, several salads and local foods. Very healthy and I didn't get sick, which is a first for me!! The Italian and Blue Marlin restaurants were great, but the Chinese was quite disappointing the night we were there.
The grounds are well cared for and the staff is exteremly friendly. The beach is clean and the water pretty clear.
So overall we kept saying we were happy with the resort, especially for the price that we paid. I'd recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, BookIt.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach