I read some of these reviews after we already booked here, so I was a little nervous. DON'T WORRY! This resort is beautiful, and huge! The rain in Feb. was a fluke... it happens. I was there, and there were plenty of places to go. Not only that, but your rooms, and especially if you have a villa, are so awesome you could spend days in there and still have a great time. We had a Crown Royal Villa with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. They came every morning and made us breakfast, booked our dinner at one of many resort restaurants, stocked our refirgerator, and our bar. The maid cleaned every day, and the pool boy cleaned the pool twice a day. The service was outstanding. There is something to the V.I.P. here, so let me help...
BOOK YOUR ROOM THROUGH AN OWNER! That will get you VIP Service, better pricing, better meals, better in-room bar, and lower all-inclusive rates. If you want to take advantage of that, just email me (Penny) at email@example.com I can help!!!!
RESERVE YOUR DINNER! Dinner reservations begin at 9:00 a.m.. Call at 9:00 a.m. sharp and don't hang up, just let it ring (they are taking reservations on 4 lines)... someone will answer and you are done. Don't call at 10 a.m.- they make all the reservations between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. If someone could't get in somewhere, they didn't call in the morning. I never saw a restaurant without a table available the entire time I was there, and I was there at the same time as the one above on her honeymoon.
ROOM BAR & FRIG: Here's the deal, you order your things for the refrigerator and your bar the day before. They stock your FRIG beginning at 11 A.M. If you want more water, pop, beer, ice, etc., tell them then what you want for the next day, or call customer service and tell them. They stock your BAR beginning at 4 P.M., same routine.
GETTING AROUND: This is a very big resort. Even after a week, you might still be wondering which way to go. The SHUTTLE SERVICE is at your disposal. Just call for a shuttle, and they will take you anywhere you want to go. They arrive about 10 minutes after you call. NOTE: Dinner at the restaurants are 6:30 and 8:30 P.M., those are the bust times for the shuttles, so call a little early for dinner- 15 minutes early is more than enough.
BEACH: The beach was beautiful, and groomed. You can walk from the resort for a mile on nice sand. There is a section in front of one restaurant (not part of the resort) that doesn't clean up the beach. It's maybe 50 feet long, but the things that washed up are up by their deck-you don't have to walk through debris. You just wonder why they don't take care of it.
STAFF: Some of the best I have seen. Sincere, warm, and VERY FRIENDLY! This is a well-managed resort. I never once saw anything remotely close to improper. Perhaps someone mistook friendliness for something else.
RCI: If you make an exchange through RCI, a gal named ANDREA will visit you every morning, and help you with everything you need. She is fantastic. She will book your dinners and anything else you need. NOTE: You will pay a lot more for your all-inclusive if you book through RCI. Again, try to find an owner. Just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will hook you up.
CROWN VILLAS: I was worried they only had one like the picture. Don't worry, I tried to count, and lost track at 75. They really do look like the pictures, really do have gorgeous private pools, and gardens.... I could go on and on- you won't go wrong.
HELICOPTERS: There are (2) landing pads for the helicopters. One is by the VIP Beach, and one is by a villa. Again, this place is huge, and there are very few places where the noise from the 'copters would be annoying. Just mention when you book that you don't want to be near them.
QUESTIONS: I will be happy to answer any questions you have about this resort. Just email me and I will respond ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach