“Paradise for sure!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My stay at tropical was amazing, everybody was extremely friendly and sweet. Food was great and the service was like no other. The entertainment was great, salami in particular was super fun and energetic. The entire resort and all employees were helpful and kind and I would definitely plan to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank tay_ruggiero
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
The management

Write a ReviewReviews (4,839)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love Lifestyles. Everybody is so kind and fun. The entertainers there always make my stay fun. Such as John Cena. He does water aerobics in the morning that i love! Hes an awesome worker there! The others are so much fun too. ((Salami, poochie, etc)). Its such a welcoming environment. Ill go back there every year if i can!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank MaidofHearf
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I Wants to Thanks to all Employee of the Resort and Special to SALAMI STRONG and all Staff.. Was our first experience in Dominican Republic to me and my son .. And Salamy the Comedian guy was taking care my son like his Little Brother.. Playing Golf, Futballs. We have and Amazing weeks there . I will 100% Recommend to all family and friends to visit Tropicana Lifestyle beach in Puerto Plata. DR. Will definitive go back Again. Important set up all include much better..:). By Yohanny and Juan Carlos Villas .. NewYork City July 2014

Room Tip: All are good .. Love it
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Yohanny V

Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. It was delightful for all our staff to read that you appreciate the service of all of them and the facilities at the resort. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Weather was wonderful, and there was always someone there to help. They bent over backward to accommodate us. There was a greeting that included a timeshare hello, but they were not pushy. Said we were not interested, and we were on our way, having fun the entire time. The only drawback - unless you are a gold member, the wifi is not readily available, or you must pay for it. For an all-inclusive package, it was well worth it!

Room Tip: Penthouses are wonderful, but a bit costly. We stayed in the residences and found it more than adeq...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie P

It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The Management

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This resort, even as it gets bigger and bigger, still has a phenomenal foundation - the staff. Miriam in the Lobby bar is outstanding. She never forgets a face or a drink and will have one waiting there for you 1/2 the time!
Sisa, from housekeeping, did an outstanding job in cleaning my room. It was always done promptly and the beautiful flowers were always kept fresh. Every time I walked in the room, it even smelled clean - It did not go unnoticed!
At the buffet, Jacqueline, Dominica, and Eva are the best waitresses EVER!
At the pool bar, Nelson, David, and Nicanor serve up some mean drinks.
At the Sunday Night Welcome Party, Jose Luis did a perfect job keeping the drinks coming. He was always attentive and helpful. I will be sure to be on the lookout for his area when I return!
The animation staff is always improving. A special shout out to Jon Cena - the best brother a sister could ask for :) Mosquito, Puchi, Lenny, Salami, Wilson, George and Cappuccino go to great lengths to keep you laughing, get you involved, and ensure that your trip is always memorable.
Once again, my hats off to you all. I'm lucky to be part of your family and am blessed to be able to call this place my home away from home.
.... so now for my review... There is something for everyone and every age at this Hotel. The resort is bustling with activities and parties. If you are looking for peace and quite, you can find it at the VIP beaches, the quiet pool or Serenity. When you are ready to party, there are nightly shows and special events on Sunday and Thursday nights. Some rooms are newer than others but the resort is constantly upgrading. I spent a few days during my 15 day stay, at another resort about 4 hours southeast of Puerto Plata. As beautiful as this other hotel was, it was also too quiet for me. I was happy to return to "Life" styles Tropical.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Michelle,
It was, as always, a pleasure to have you here with us and we are happy that you again had a wonderful vacation at our resort.
We are also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know that my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, and we are very glad to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay.
On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for your nice words of recognition for our work.
We look forward to welcoming you soon back at your home away from home, The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata.
Sunny regards from
your Lifestyle Family

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was ok, the shower worked great. We had a slight bug problem but once I talked to house keeping the problem was resolved. The "reservations" for dinner were a bit of a joke as they told us where we were going to eat upon check in. If we did not like those reservations then you could get on a wait list for one of your choosing. I would suggest having lunch in the "VIP" beach area, as you can have a bit of a change up from the buffet. The drinks were good and bartenders very attentive. The worst part which we were unaware of was from Friday-Sunday locals can come only to the part of the beach you get access to through cheap carribean. I would suggest going to both the welcome party and the thursday party, both were a blast.

Now to the best part of the trip, one employee who goes by Salami. His energy was infectious and he single handedly made the trip fun for my wife and I. He had a crew with him Papi, John Cena and a few others. Thank you Salami for helping us have a great anniversary trip.

Room Tip: get building 4 or 5 and get VIP bracelets which are gold NOT blue
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities. We are happy to read that your recent stay at our resort was overall what you expected.
With best regards
The managment

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This vacation was wonderful; I had so much fun with my family. The best part of this hotel was the entertainers: Salami, Coffee, and the rest of them. These guys always had us laughing. They were very outgoing and very friendly with everyone. I can say they were one of the best of entertainers around. I would recommend this resort to anyone because of the good house keeping they had and of their entertainers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family