“What a great week!!!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Hearst, Canada
“What a great week!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I can only say good things about this resort. I have travelled quite a bit to different islands and resorts and this one was the best...I would go back anytime. We had a crown villa which was super. The restaurants were excellent, the beaches beautiful, the welcome party and the VIP pool party were AWSOME!!! The service and the staff are truly exceptional... Mosquito, Poochie Poochie, Johny Bravo and of course the aerobics instructor John Cena who does a marvelous job!!! I would recommend this resort to anyone without any hesitations!!!
LL from Canada

Room Tip: The villas or presidential suites are a must!!!
2 Thank Lina L
The Management T, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ontario
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Me and my friends spent the week at Lifestyles Holidays Resort at the Crown Villas. We rented the place through a couple we found on the internet. We had to pay for everything separately...villa...flight and all-inclusive but it was all worth it. It is a big complex that includes 4 resorts in one...Cofresi...Tropical...Presidential Suites and Crown Villas. We stayed in a 3 Bedrooms Crown Villas. We started our day by our own pool then breakfast made by our maid in our villa. Then we were off to the Tropical Pool for some activities. We found and met great friends with the animation staff. They offered some games and exercises. We had a blast with John Cena, Mosquito, Coffee, Pouchie and all the others I forget their names. They made us laugh all week.
We ate at a la Carte Restaurants all week. They were magnificent. A good variety of food...from Mexican to Asian.
I recommend this place to anyone...you can get Villas up to 7 bedrooms that accommodate 14 people. Each bedroom has their own bathroom....lots of privacy.

Pictures to come.

Thanks everyone at Lifestyle for the best week.

Julie from Canada

1 Thank SocialJuls
Dear Julie,
Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. Thank you for choosing our resort for your holidays and for the time you spent sharing your review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.com.
We are happy to read that your recent stay at our resort was overall what you expected and that you had a great time with us.
Thanks again and it will be a pleasure to have you back.
Sincerely yours,
The managment
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Tropical was awesome. Besides having access to the VIP pool and all the extras they give you. Always a restaurant open. The excursions were very nice and reasonably priced. The activity committee was awesome. John Cena did great with the water aerobics and Dominican bowling. I would go back to this hotel over and over again. Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are fine but the junior suites are nicer and a little bigger with a bath.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
The nice notes like the one you kindly posted on the Trip Advisor webpage are very appreciated by us. Thank you for taking some time to express your impressions during your stay at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. It was delightful for all our staff to read that you appreciate the service of all of them and the facilities at the resort. Your comments encourage us to continue improving our services.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to be able to welcome you back.
Warmest Regards
Toronto
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at Lifestyles The Tropical March 29/14 - April 5/14. As we are RCI and UVC members, this week was extended to us as a free week (flight not included) which we gladly accepted.
I did my usual research online of the resort prior to arriving and was a little bit nervous as we are regular guests of AM resorts and have been spoiled in luxury at these resorts.

However, we went with an open mind and cold white bodies from this horrible never ending winter and hoped for the best.

We were not disappointed. The resort itself is massive (three resorts on the property). We were with our basic blue wristbands and there was quite a few areas that we were not allowed to go to (some beaches, bars, restaurants, pools etc). I was a little disgruntled at first to all the restrictions but soon warmed up to the area that we were in which we found had everything we needed and more.

The staff was the usual Dominican friendliness that we have come to love the island for. Our room, situated in the number four building was ok. Nothing to rave about, but the A/C worked perfectly during our seven day stay, no mold, no weird smells, cleaned everyday and fridge restocked. Bed was a tad on the hard side (okay...a lot on the hard side) but we got used to it.

As for the food...I'm not going to say it is the best I have experienced at a resort, but we never went hungry and we were always able to find something we liked. No sickness or GI issues raised their ugly heads during our stay...

We were given two reservations for two different a la carte restaurants when we checked in. One for blue lagoon, a seafood restaurant and one for the Mexican restaurant. The seafood was just ok. The Mexican however was our favourite meal during our stay! Great restaurant!
Little tip for you future travellers...even if you are only given two reservations, if you make a little stroll to the tropical lobby and go see guest services around 3 or 4:00 in the afternoon, you can usually get a reservation for an a la carte restaurant for that night as they then know how much space they have in each.

If you aren't into the a la cartes there is always the buffet. Cassablancas. But like I said....you can't be overly picky here or you are going to be pretty hungry...food temperature is for sure an issue here.

As for the entertainment, in my opinion, this is where this resort really excels. We were impressed with the abundance of entertainment and the effort the staff and the resort itself puts into the entertainment aspect. Sunday night and Thursday night are a MUST DO!

The pools were great and the swim up bar is always a happening place to make new friends and enjoy some drinks. The alcohol is pretty bottom shelf so again, if you are picky, you may not be impressed.

I could have done without the bracelets, and the towel cards and the reservations stuff, but that's how it is there so you just have to go with it.

One other thing I could have done without was the CONSTANT push from the sales team....the first couple of days was ok, but after the fifth and sixth day when they are still hounding us to do the welcome tour...it got old and I was fed up by being harassed every time we tried to go have breakfast and lunch as the entrances to the restaurant are swarmed by these guys. This is there hunting grounds and no one is safe from their wrath...they are relentless.

On more of the positive side, I went to the spa and had a coconut scrub along with a forty minute massage and it was heaven. They have two different spas on the property. One that is located over at Cofressi resort called Yin Yan and one at Tropical. I went to the one at Tropical called Metamorphosis.

Over all we had a fun filled week and got the much needed sunshine and warmth that we were craving. We met some great friends that I am sure we will end up having for a long time to come. Would I recommend this resort? Absolutely...however I would recommend it to those on a budget and looking for an inexpensive getaway and not to those looking for luxury at its finest. It is not a five star but I would give it a very strong 3.5.

Special thanks to a few of the staff that made our trip most enjoyable..
Bartenders Nelson and Andres from the tropical pool bar, Roberto from the tropical lobby bar. Waitress from Casablanca Jaqueline Reyes and John Cena from the entertainment team. Also Gary from Metamorphosis Spa was always with a welcoming smile.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank candipants
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
We also are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program and the different activities.
It is an honor to know that our staff is providing our guests with the natural warm and hospitality that characterize the Dominican people. Please be assured that your nice comments will be forward to our staff. They will be delighted to know that they are making a difference in each guest experience.
We thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion with us which we will take in the highest consideration.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again!
With best regards
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Access to the VIP pool and 11 different pools was great! There was always someone cleaning something at this hotel! Very well kept. Very friendly staff. The food was actually very good. Some reviews said other wise, but I was very impressed.

Would I go back to this hotel? YES

Room Tip: Noting a few things I would like to know before I went: -Everyone can go to the VIP beach -Every...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your nice comments. It was our pleasure to host you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Sunny regards
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I spent a week at the Tropical Hotel in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. I have never experienced such a wonderful paradise in my life. The people, Lenny Craviz(t), Stephanie Reyes, and many more, made this vacation unbelievable. It was so hard to describe to my family the beauty and relaxation that this resort offers. So many places to eat, and all had great service. Each morning we ate at the Carosel. The food was fantastic, service was top notch, people were very friendly. I am saving for my return visit. Thanks so much Lenny and Stephanie and Lifestyle for a trip I will never, ever forget.

Debbie Y.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie,
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
We passed your nice comments to the rest of the team!
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I’m not sure what I can say that hasn’t been said. I went to this resort for my 20th anniversary and the staff definitely made it worth our while. Just like most of the other reviewers, we got the timeshare invite pressures but after we told them that this was our anniversary and we didn’t want to waste time in any sort of mandatory fun/presentations they eased up on the request. Our room was clean, but the items in it were dated/old. Additionally we suffered from the leaking roof (after a long day of tropical rains) that I’ve read in other reviewers post. Since this was a major milestone, we didn’t let a few drops of water get us down; after we came to the beach to get wet. This goes without saying but if you keep a couple of 20s/50s and tip the servers they will become your best’est friends (ie… better service, alcohol, and the inside on what to do/see in the area). Also, the RCI Concierge Ms. Samboy and Mr. Francisco were awesome (thanks for the flowers), the server Ms. Gomez at the VIP (thank you for keeping the champagne flowing), and the staff at the Spa (thanks for a very relaxing day at the spa)…. For the price we paid, the service and accommodations were above our expectations. Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lex S
Dear Lex,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us. Our ultimate aim is to provide service excellence; our guests’ feedback shifts our focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist throughout our Resort and helps us improve the quality of our services and facilities.
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort Puerto Plata and we are glad to learn that in general you enjoyed our services and facilities and that your vacation experience was a memorable one.
Your nice comments were passed to the rest of our team, especially to the mentioned staff members
Thank you for making Lifestyle Puerto Plata the preferred resort for your vacation and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future again.