“Dominican Republic is one of my favorite places to travel...and Lifestyles Resort is the best in Puerta Plata!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Foam Party they do on Thursdays is a must! So much fun...especially because I had never seen anything like it...
Their disco "Ice" is a disappointment...but everything else was a fun time!
You must find JOHNNY BRAVO during your stay! He is a fantastic dancer and all around charismatic and fun person to be around. He had several suggestions for us and even took us to Kareoke and a disco called PURE one of the nights we were there...one of the best nights of our 9 day vacation in Puerta Plata...
I also highly recommend hiking the 27 falls while you are there...they do not disappoint!

Room Tip: Presidential suites and crown villas are the best in the lifestyles resort...you get what you pay fo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
long island
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friend, her parents & I went to Tropical Lifestyle Resort 05/1 – 05/6/2012. I have gone to other resorts in Riviera Maya and Dominican Republic and this one was just average. If you are not a Dominic Republic citizen then you have to pay $10.00 at the airport to enter the country. The ride from the Santo Domingo airport to the resort was a 1 ½ hours with very bumpy roads. We were in Building 4, the room needed updating badly, the furniture was old, her parents were in Building 5.

The resort is small which is good in the sense that everything is near each other. The beach is wonderful with beds that you have to get up really early to get one.

The buffet for breakfast was wonderful with a fresh juice bar & egg station. The ala carte restaurants were very good, my least favorite was El Pilon, just didn’t enjoy it, the Blue Lagoon with the fish and chips was delicious.

The drinks were fine, I am not a drinker but enjoy a strawberry daiquiri/fruity type of drinks on vacation.

We did tip everywhere, drinks, at all meals, the porter that took our luggage, maids, they all work so hard & deserve it.

The bad thing was the salespeople waiting for you after breakfast to sell you timeshares, I avoided them but my friend and her parents took the tour, they didn’t buy anything though.

If you get a good deal go, otherwise don’t expect too much and you’ll have a good time with the people your with.

Room Tip: Building 4 is near everything.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked a 5 day vacation here with 8 family members who had varying ideas of what a vacation should be like, and we all left happy. The guys that make up the animation team had so much personality, everyday they came by to just talk with us and also get us involved with the workouts or games. I've never had so much fun on a vacation. John Cena was great at creating workouts for all fitness levels, and him and Lenny Kravitz were a great team for water aerobics. Rabbit and Puchi Puchi were hilarious and excellent at getting crowd involvement for the games. Johnnie Bravo was a character too. Absolutely loved it and can't wait to come back on vacation again. Thanks guys!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friends and I had an awesome vacation at the Tropical! The rooms were good and the staff was the best. We enjoyed the buffet at and loved the wait staff in there. They were so attentive and made sure we had what we needed. We had so much fun at night at ICE and the VIP party was SO SO sweet! We loved the VIP beach and laying by the pool all day. The entertainment team kept us coming back each day for games and different activities. We liked spending time with John Cena, Puchi, Lenny Kravitz, Johnny Bravo and Caramelo. We will miss them! We also liked going to the shows at night at the Colosseum. The dancers were so good at what they do and we loved that every night it was a different show. We will be coming back again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela S
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

i ha d a great time the staff was the best i have ever been around they go out of there way to be sure you are taken care of i have never been to a all inclusive before or 5star resort it was unbeliable the only thing that was hard was the heat of the dominican republic the team that keep every one playing and laughing were the best we had spagetis bon jovi super tino banana barbie and cuppucino they were the best they worked together as a team very well and keep every body intertained cant wait to go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Randy H
Reviewed August 20, 2013

“The most amazing animation team ever! Go Johnny Bravo and Leny!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 NEW via mobile
At this hotel, I experienced the best animation team ever! I had an amazing time during all the activities they prepare for guests! Puchi puchi was very funny same for Rabbit! My favorite are Johnny Bravo and Leny kravitz! The are full of energy and are really nice guys! I've been going tomthisnplace since I'm a kid, I'm now a teenager and still enjoy as much as when I was a kid. The hotel is clean, the food is good. They have an amazing welcome party every Sunday with a band, fire works and even a foam party! On Thursdays they have another foam party with great music. I went to the spa for massages and it was fantastic. Lots to do for teenagers on site. For sure I will go back soon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mosala
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been to eight different all-inclusive resorts. This has the best variety of VIP beaches, pools, beds, creature comforts. VIP restaurants - Simply Gourmet and VIP lunch at - Azul. VIP hangout-Tapas all wonderful. Sunday night beach dinner and show great.
Drinks, ice cream bar, and junior suites - all very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple