We stayed here from 9th – 16th June 2008 and we had an amazing holiday at this resort, even though there were a few negatives. We booked our holiday through Thomson and would recommend upgrading to premium seats on the flights.
The resort’s cleanliness is outstanding and our room as well as the communal areas were spotless, all the staff were friendly and did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
We were approached by members of staff who ask you to come along to a separate welcome meeting who are part of the vacation club. We had an idea that they were connected to trying to sell timeshares so didn’t go with them. I would advise to only go to your official welcome meeting organised by your travel rep and if approached, just say politely you’re not interested and no thanks. After that, we weren’t asked again.
The evening entertainment is low key and would have been good to have had live music around the bar area in the evenings. They had fireworks two evenings which we enjoyed.
The variety of buffet food is very disappointing, nearly the same every evening so this would be my main negative factor of this holiday especially as you pay all inclusive and I felt it wasn’t value for money regarding the food available.
Anyways, back to the good points. We went to Ocean World as a full day excursion and would highly recommend going there as we had a fantastic day and did the sea lion encounter which was very funny and an enjoyable experience. The sea lion and dolphin shows were also amazing.
As a whole this was a great holiday and we would think about going back again, even if it’s just so we could chill out by the pool and go back to Ocean World to do a different encounter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach