5,193 results
All reviews vip beach george of the jungle blue lagoon welcome party ocean world salami sushi bar caramello casa blanca dominican republic water aerobics casablanca buffet beach beds vip party horseback riding these guys serenity beach
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After traveling for half a day, we checked in and did not have any water. Notified the front desk and they said they were working on it. Everyone went to bed dead tired without showers. We were awakened in the middle of the night by a surging toilet. It leaked water on the floor from that moment on. If they would fix the leaky toilets, then maybe the rooms would have water. The next day we had water but just not hot water. We never got any hot water the remaining 5 days we were there, but that made our showers really quick! The room AC just barely worked and if it were not for the overhead fan, we would have sweated in the room. Overall, the food was decent, but don't think you will be get to eat at all the places advertised on the website. Guest Services will have only 2 dinner reservations chosen for you for a 7 day stay. Besides no hot water, our biggest issue was that we were scheduled to go on a "resort tour," which turned into a vacation package sales pitch. We asked the "tour guide" not to waste his time or ours but 2 hours later we were being pressured by "the boss" to buy a vacation plan. Why would I buy a vacation plan from a resort who cannot even supply hot water? The next day we were stalked coming out of the dining hall by a staff member to let us know that "the boss" has a better deal for us. We told him not to bother and that we were going to the beach. The beach and pools were a lot of fun but don't expect the white sands and clear blue water. Service at the restaurants was really good most of the time but you usually had to get your own drink. The bartender at the lobby acted like she was doing you a favor to get you a drink. Also, don't expect any beers or drinks in the room mini bar after the first day. You have to be a VIP member to get these. The sliding glass doors on the balcony would not lock and the doors did not open very well. The blankets were holey and the pillows smelled like smelly feet. The lamp by the bed shocked my daughter. The TV did not have an on/off button and the remote did not work. Also, forget free WiFi. We were able to get online only one time at the VIP beach the entire time we were there, but it did not last long. We had a great time on a couple of excursions. John Wayne’s ½ day horseback ride was great, the guides were good and only $40/person! Riding by the beach followed by a sunset dinner with a lobster, chicken, and pork was also awesome but pricy (about $400/person). Both horseback excursions allowed us to really trot, canter, and gallop the horses. Overall, we liked the Dom. Rep., but we will NOT stay with Lifestyle again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ken E
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I would like to thank the aerobics instructors and entertainment gentlemen whose names are Jhon Cene, Michael Jordan, Puchy Puchy. They were the best out of all the resort. Without them I would of hated my stay. Rooms were horrible..Front desk was horrible. Drinks were not too good. Food okay. Waiters were excellent.

Room Tip: i guess you have to pay more and dont book thru cheap caribbean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mary beth m
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We booked the superior room through cheap caribbean. This was our first time staying at an all inclusive resort, so i read many trip advisor reviews and felt like the resort and the amenities would be adequate for a nice inexpensive getaway. During the booking, I was under the impression that i could not have much control over the type of room i wanted as usually when i book a hotel, i have the option to choose between the basic room and the presidential suite. I diid not have any option to upgrade the room during the booking.

We arrived at the resort and our fellow reviewers are correct. You must have all of your information printed out from cheap caribbean or they will not check you in! I printed out the reservation; however i did not notice that i was missing a page. The desk would not check me in, even though i was able to pull up the missing page on my ipad! I had to go to the business center, pull up the email print out the one missing page and wait in line all over again.

We were content with the room. It was clean and had everything we needed. At the suggestion of other reviewers, we requested building five and did not have any issues with hot water or a/c. On comment about the a/c-it cools the room to a comfortable temperature;however, it does not make the room cold as most of us are used to in the states. Keep the curtains closed during the day an the room temperature should be comfortable. I can't imagine staying in one of the older buildings with inadequate ac. Another room tip-unlike most hotels that take the dirty towels that you leave on the floor and replace them immediately, the maids make a few rounds through the room. In the 1st round, all the towels are collected, even if you have it hanging. They don't make it back to your room with the clean towels until around 3pm. We had excursions each morning and made it back to the room by 1 pm, hot, filthy and in desperate need of a shower! On the first day, my husband went out to ask for towels and was told that there were none available. We had to shower with our hands and air dry! After that, we hid the towels in the closet so we would have them available after the excursion.

The food was good-a little blander than i expected; however, i have no complaints and the wait staff in the main dining room Casablanca was great! Jose took good care of us for breakfast and lunch each day.

VIP tour- on the second day, we were solicited to go on the VIP tour. I knew that it was a pitch to get us to buy a vacation club package but i wanted to go anyway to see the facility. This is where lifestyle goes terribly wrong! The pitch was low pressure and our guide was funny and we had a good time wi him. The problem is that the guide takes you to the villas and presidential suite and true VIP beach- the one that you need to have a gold or black bracelet to have access to. Once you see how beautiful the rest of the facility is, everything else during your stay feels inadequate! I wish i had the option to book one of those rooms-i would have happily paid more! Apparently, the only way to access the better amenities is to purchase a vacation club membership-thousands of dollars plus you still have to pay for the room. Another option is to buy time from an existing member. After going on the tour, the b- room was instantly downgraded to a c-!

Overall, we had a great time! We went on three excursions-the city tour, atv ride & monkey jungle zip line. All three were great- the monkey jungle is a must! The Dominican people are friendly, helpful (except check in staff) and kind. I will definitely go back-only the ext time, it ill be in true VIP style!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aron1balon1
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in lifestyle tropical hotel for a week and we loved everything about it.
The VIP beach was awesome....
Thanks John - Puchi Puchi - Mhtsos (M.Jordan)
we have great time with all of you, see you next time :).
I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Dimitrios C
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After booking a 6 day vacation back in February, through CheapCaribbean.com at the Lifestyle Tropical Resort, I began to read the reviews and felt some apprehension. Some reviews were less than favorable, but I must state, that most people who gave luke warm reviews were not quite on the mark. The resort is amazing, both in terms of service and beauty! I cannot remember one time where anyone who worked for the resort did not say hello, HOLA. In fact, after a few days, the wait staff knew who we were by name. (Props to Jose Castillo, who always had a big smile and to Jaqueline, both who worked at the Casablanca. They made it most pleasurable to go for our meals!) As for housekeeping, we were located in building four and Jacinta was wonderful and whenever I may have asked for something, her reply was, "It is possbile." I would say she responded with everything I may have needed. (towels, extra water, etc)
The food was plentiful and diverse, with many offerings to suit your tastes. I cannot say that I walked away disappointed in any way.

What can I say about the entertainment staff, OMG to have such energy. Michael Jordan, spanish lessons, water aerobics and dance lessons, he's a talented and funny man!! John Cena, so much fun and energetic!! Puchie Puchie, you are too funny!!! The Michael Jackson tribute was amazing!!!

My friends and I also used the Spa services. Great staff and wonderful service.

I would recommend this resort to my friends without hesitation and my friends and I are planning a return trip next June!!!!! I did not want to leave on Thursday, June 20th. Congrats to the Resort management for your excellent staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends