5,193 results
All reviews vip beach george of the jungle blue lagoon welcome party ocean world salami sushi bar caramello casa blanca dominican republic water aerobics casablanca buffet beach beds vip party horseback riding these guys serenity beach
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Jhony Bravo was the Best!!! He made my trip a lot of fun!! Great service from the staff but Jhony Bravo made my trip a lot of fun!! The activities during the day were awesome because they broke up the day when I needed a break from the sun. I also like being active so this helped! I liked playing golf and dancing bachata with Jhony Bravo!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimmi C
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The resort was nice and very compiling to the VIP members only!!! Most of the parties and nice accommodations were for the property owners! The staff did not speak English, the food was okay, the lights went out every night about 2am! The AC did not work until my last day! The spa was the bomb!!! The entertainer Pochie-pochie, the water aerobic director over at Tropical was very nice & friendly!!! Under the circumstances it was a nice get away!!! If I was to go back I think I would enjoy myself more if I was a owner because just visiting through Cheap Caribbean it sucks!!! Oh, the Welcome Party on Sunday and the Foam Party on Thursday was nice and well planned!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Loved the food, location, all of it! First of all, the staff was excellent, especially the entertainment staff by the pool! They all have nicknames you will know and remember. John Cena and Michael Jackson are AWESOME water aerobics teachers. They, along with Puci Puci and a couple of others run all the activities by the pool. They also double as performers at the nightly shows at the Colluseum. Make sure you go to the VIP Welcome Party and Thursday night Dance Party. We had air conditioning the ENTIRE time we were there. A couple of dollars here and there go a long way. Since it is a vacation club, they take you on the tour of the facilities and ask you to buy in. But they don't haggle you if you don't, and you get free rum!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank JenV724
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My fiance and I stayed in the basic room offered through a great deal from cheapcarribean.com. We got our transportation through Olympus which was very easy to find once we got off the plane we were directed to their air conditioned bus in the lot. It took about 25 mins to get to the resort from the airport. The guide explains a quick run down of Dominican which was very helpful.
When we got to the resort, we stayed at the Tropical, we were greeted with a fruity drink as we waited in line for check in. We were put in building 4, which was close to everything, but loud at night.... (we talked to a couple that stayed at build 6 who confirmed they had bedbugs....)
Sunday night, the welcome party is a MUST. Great food....amazing, and the show is awesome.

VIP beach is also another MUST. We got up at 730 and waited in line for a covered cabana but it was worth it. the Dirty Monkey (chocolate bananna drink) and Tiki Tiki (orange goodness drink) are must haves and def the most popular on the VIP beach. They also bring food right to your bed, food is basic...but not too bad.

We talked with Mr. John Wayne and set up horseback riding which was 50 pp and included lunch. The bus picks you up, brings you to the ranch and youre on your way to see the beautiful scenic views. It was hot, but amazing. I would def reccommed this. Also, the lunch was one of the best meals we had on the trip. Legit domincian home cooked food.

Now, Deep Sea Fishing, dont even waste your time.... Unless you want to vomit the whole trip.... We went with two other couples, so six total, 2 of which got sea sick and we ened up going back early. No joke, 8-10 foot waves.... You dont even get to bait your own line...and the fumes from the engine gave me CO poisioing i think... NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!

We also did massages on the beach which were amazing. DONT BOOK THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK. They haggle their prices... First day they said 85pp then by wednesday is was 61pp. So we got a great deal and had relaxing couples massage on the beach for a reasonable price.

Food is ok...I ate chicken and rice almost everynight. They do a different themes everynight at the buffet, which is nice....Our waiter was Carlos, he was the BEST! Anything we wanted to drink he took care of it.Breakfast is basic. They have one guy who makes omlets but if you go around 9/930am you will wait in line a good 30mins.... We had reservations at EL PILON which is the domincan resturant which was good, I had chicken and rice lol.and the Chinese resturant which was also very good.

Def want to bring a big insulated cup or mug, its so hot down there, drinks get warm too quickly and the bartenders will fill them up for you no problem. The sushi on the VIP beach is also very good, i def reccomed that.....The blue lagoon has late night food which is OK...if youve had a couple of drinks and need some eats...it will do the job bacis hamburger, hot dog, french fries...

Thursday night they do another huge party, im not sure about that one though becasue we had the horrifc deap sea fishing trip early the next morning so we missed it....

All in all, not bad for the price. Room was basic...but clean. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Build 5 at the Tropical is prob your best best. Still close to everything but far enough away to have some quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Laura C
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just came back from Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa and had a wonderful vacation.
We booked it through Cheap Caribbean. We got such a cheap price for the room, that I was a little skeptical. Once we got there, everything changed. the resort is beautiful. A little large and spread out, but once you know your way around, it was good. The room was a bit dated, but with clean sheets, hot water, excellent a/c, clean towels and a comfortable bed, who cares. The food was tremendous at both buffets. Different food each night. We were lucky enough to have the VIP area included in our trip. Top shelf drinks, and not watered down. Snacks are served from 11:00am to 5:00. As much as I read about the sales people bothering you about buying their membership, it was not an issue. The VIP party on Sunday night was incredible. Top notch food, great live entertainment, fireworks display. For $24.00 per night per person, this was a great trip.
Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family