5,177 results
All reviewsvip beachgeorge of the jungleblue lagoonwelcome partyocean worldsalamisushi barcasa blancacaramellodominican republicwater aerobicscasablanca buffetbeach bedsvip partythese guyshorseback ridingserenity beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just came back from Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa and had a wonderful vacation.
We booked it through Cheap Caribbean. We got such a cheap price for the room, that I was a little skeptical. Once we got there, everything changed. the resort is beautiful. A little large and spread out, but once you know your way around, it was good. The room was a bit dated, but with clean sheets, hot water, excellent a/c, clean towels and a comfortable bed, who cares. The food was tremendous at both buffets. Different food each night. We were lucky enough to have the VIP area included in our trip. Top shelf drinks, and not watered down. Snacks are served from 11:00am to 5:00. As much as I read about the sales people bothering you about buying their membership, it was not an issue. The VIP party on Sunday night was incredible. Top notch food, great live entertainment, fireworks display. For $24.00 per night per person, this was a great trip.
Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank djclarkTampaFl
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I was so concerned about going because of all the bad reviews I saw posted on line. Thank goodness I grabbed my things and headed to Puerto Plata anyway. I had the time of my life....I loved my vacation...I loved my vacation...should I say it again.....lol...I loved my vacation. The grounds were well kept and the staff is very friendly. I stayed in a Jr. suite and completely loved the view of the property from my balcony. There is a variety of resturants which you can dine; however I didn't enjoy the food much because it wasn't well seasoned. But that's such a small issue, I just ensured that I added additional salt and pepper to my meals and everything was fine.
I truly enjoyed myself and look forward to my return.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The bad:

1.Front desk team was extemely nasty except for Paola Santos she was very nice
2.The supervisor on duty was not helpful with an issue I had she ended up walking away from me.
3.The conciege service wasn't so great either. They book your reservations in advance do not care wether you are allergic to a certain food or not, they told me that I was stuck with whatever I was booked for and could not change it.
4. The rooms were disgusting, I walked in and it smelled like MOLD, my sheets were filthy, fridge leaking, screen door wouldn't close and refused to put me in a different room .I requested service at 9am didn't recieve it until about 5PM which all I wanted to do was nap by the time I got back . requested towels because I needed to shower and go out to dinner recieved them after an hour.
5. The beach was horrible, they had sewers that were running into the beach had to walk towards ocean world to get clean/clear water.

The Good :

1. John Cena , Michael Jordan , Lenny Kravitz & the girls never really got their name but they are INCREDIBLE! They work so hard every day to make your trip unforgettable.
2. Foam party was awesome we had a blast.
3. The shows at the Collesium were also fun Kudos to all the performers.
4. Welcome party was very entertaining.
5. and the fries at blue Laggoon after midnight did the job ! LOL ( team New Yorkoklahoma)

Over all it was relaxing for me but I expected SO MUCH MORE! I am in the hotel industry and honestly I would never treat my guest the way I was treated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Millpop
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the observations concerning the service at the hotel, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with some of our services and amenities at the resort.
We are in the business to bring an enjoyable and excellent experience to all of our guests.
The few times that we do encounter an unhappy guest we address the issue immediately and turn the challenge into an opportunity.
We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of food and drinks has always been very elevated according to the opinions reflected in our satisfaction questionnaires.
Besides, the selection of products that compose our gastronomically supply is done taking into consideration the diversity of the guests who visit us.
We sincerely regret that the quality of the food and beverages offered in our Hotel have not met your expectations after all.
Regarding the dinner reservations, we have a system, that depending on the amount of days of your stay you get pre-assigned reservations up on your arrival, then for the rest of the days you may go to the Guest Service department to make the reservations, other wise we have two big buffet restaurants with huge variety of food.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I confess that because of previous resort experiences, I wasn't really looking forward to this one and figured I would spend as much time off-resort as possible, but after arriving and seeing the sheer size of the place, meeting the excellent staff and experiencing the food and hospitality, I am pleased to say that I only felt the "need" to go off-resort on one occasion, as I wanted to experience the Sosua beach area nearby.

Where should I even begin? I'll start with the staff, because to me, the facilities are secondary. From my very first bar experience at the Cofresi lobby/pool bar area while I waited to check-in, I was made to feel very welcomed. David and Ana Maria ensured that I was sufficiently excited about my upcoming week with the resort.

Once settled in my room, I ventured out and met Spaghetti and Mosquito at the Cofresi beach pool area. What characters! They cracked me up and I looked forward to seeing them every day. Randy the lifeguard ("Oh my god!") was always a delight, too.

The waiting and entertainment staff all work extremely hard to ensure that everyone's experience is excellent. I have pretty high standards and am pleased to report that they all met or exceeded my expectations. As my travel mate stated "you think about them moving your plate away and suddenly, it's done!" She was so right. They were always on top of things.

I think my favorite part of the staff is their willingness to help, in general. Whether it's making your vacation that much better, or helping you learn more Spanish, they were all incredible. Javier at Bellini had us in stitches -- unfortunately, he thought we were laughing at him, at first, but once we conveyed that it was our own inadequate Spanish speaking skills that were the cause of laughter, we all had a good chuckle together.

The Thursday night resort party was possibly one of the most fun things I've ever done, anywhere, and I can attribute a lot of that to Paull from the Tropical. Wow, is all I can say. I had a blast at that party. The DJ was excellent, but Paull really made the experience a memorable one. These guys (and gals!) work so hard for so little but you would never know it -- they are extremely good at their jobs.

As to the actual facilities, I could not have been happier. My room was amazing and the grounds were always immaculate (except on the beach, where the plastic cups from the resort would litter the ground -- thankfully, there's always a garbage can close by -- do your part and help the environment, please. I don't care if it's not your mess, it's your earth).

The VIP beach is an experience like none that I have had before. Do yourself a favor and make the effort to get there before it opens one day so you can reserve a spot. Even if you only do that for one day on your trip, it will be well worth it. Raul and the rest of the VIP beach staff will take care of you so well that you'll want to keep coming back, anyway.

Yes, the place is huge -- far bigger than I had imagined, or gleaned from the photos -- and yes, there are a TON of stairs, so it's not great if you're not fully mobile, but they have tried to do everything possible to rectify this situation with the use of golf carts and shuttles. Use them, if you need to -- I didn't, as I liked the exercise, but I could see why people would need it.

My only complaints with the facilities were:
1. my phone didn't work in my room, not even to call the front desk, so if I'd had an emergency, I'd have been out of luck. thankfully, after reporting it 3 times, someone fixed that situation.
2. there seems to be a sewer gas issue that was causing some seriously nasty stenches from my toilet -- I would jokingly blame the food but that wouldn't be true or fair, and I can't take the credit for that particular smell. (I was in Building 40 at Cofresi)

The food selection was excellent - there's something for everyone, although the vegetarian options could be expanded (my travel mate is vegetarian), but overall, I was pleased. I'm not one to travel "for the food" anyway, but it's great when it's not a concern. I really enjoyed the Casablanca buffet and Bellini restaurant menu the most. I did find it a bit odd that the seafood restaurant (Blue Lagoon) food quality was not as good as the seafood I had at the Italian restaurant (Bellini), but, c'est la vie!

For excursions, I highly recommend the Sosua snorkelling half-day tour and you MUST take in the Mega Extreme Adventure if you're physically able. The name is cheesy, but I promise you, it's accurate. I loved every moment. The guys that ran the tour were awesome!!

All in all, this was a fantastic vacation and for the first time in my life, I can truthfully say that I would actually go back! (I generally prefer to not visit the same place twice - it's a big big world)

Well done, Lifestyles!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room with a view of the ocean. It's a beautiful sight to wake up to.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SuzM2012
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I were staying at the Cofresi Resort, just next door of Lifestyle Tropical. We visited Tropical on our second day and after that, we barely stayed in Cofresi. The entertainment and atmosphere was much more lively at Tropical. Our vacation became so much better after meeting the animation crew, which included Jhony Bravo, Michael Jordan, John Cena, and especially PUCHI! During my week stay at lifestyle, Puchi and I formed a great bond. He has a great personality and was definitely the funniest out of the animation crew. Anything we needed, he was right there to help us. Thank you everyone for making our experience that much better!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony P

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa resort.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate our entertainment staff for providing a great hospitality.

Best Regards,