My family and I stayed at the Ramada Hacienda for 1 week. The food was about a 2 out of 5. 6 out of the 7 people in our family had the rumbly tumblies and all had cases of dissentry (a nice word for the other d word) Grandma was so bad she spent two days in bed. Wonder why we heard the cook got fired a few days after we got there? Hamburgers were pink inside, etc. Maids hardly understood much english. Lack of water. We didn't have any in our room, so I just kept raiding the maid's cart every day. Lack of towels...you think after cleaning up after 7 people they would leave 7 towels...not so only 4!! Now the part that really urks us is the THEFT...My husband left his sandals on the beach to reserve a chair in the morning. If you were there you would know there is a shortage of chairs and to reserve a chair the only way is to get up at 6 am and put a towel or something on the chair. Well we were told later by our representative that only hotel security and staff are down at the beach at that time so you may draw your own conclusion...BUT...the sandals we just blew off and didn't bother reporting it...When we checked out at 1 pm we were told we could put our luggage and other purchased items in the secured room at the front of the lobby until our airport bus transfer would come to pick us up at about 5 pm. I put a beautiful mahogany wood chest (hand carved) that I purchased on the beach in the room and put my video camera on top. The reason I know it was in there was because I had a flimsy bag around it and asked the porter if he would have a bigger bag to go around it as we would be carrying it on the plane. He said "Sure no problema" He said he would look for one and I could leave the situation with him.
Not until we arrived at the airport did we notice that it was not in our pile of suitcases. As you can imagine I was livid. Our Signature rep is still looking into the matter and hopefully something will be resolved. We have travelled to about 10 different countries in the past 14 years and have never ever experienced hotel theft. UNACCEPTABLE!! If it wasn't for the looks of the hotel and the beautiful beach and water I would give them a 1 star. BAD EXPERIENCE--DON'T GO!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach