The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Heavens Coral(Puerto Plata)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
ClubHotel Riu Mambo(Puerto Plata)
Sunshine Hotel(Puerto Plata)
Hotel Condado(Puerto Plata)
4,984 results
All reviewsvip beachjulio the rockgeorge of the jungleblue lagoonwelcome partyocean worldsushi barcasa blancasalamicasablanca buffetwater aerobicsdominican republicbeach bedsvip partyserenity beachthese guyshorseback riding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first time in the Dominican and had such a great time! The rooms were not super great, but ok for the time we spent there. The guys entertaining at the pool were great, very energetic. Choco Choco, John Cena, Lenny Kravets were awesome in getting people involved and have fun. Johnny Bravo and Michael Jordan made the dance contest so much fun. The staff and service are outstanding!!

Room Tip: request a ground room floor, and tell them it is your birthday or anniversary!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that our staff and services were up to your expectations. I will forward your review specially to our entertainment staff.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

On my first day, I was disappointed by the rooms at the hotel, but the quality of every other offering just blows that complaint out of the water. You'll only be in the room to sleep and shower because the animacion team at the pool keeps you engaged all day. John Cena, poochy poochy (lol spelling?), caramello, Michael Jordan, Johnny bravo- I must have told these guys 50 times that they absolutely made my vacation amazing. They truly go above and beyond in their effort to make your trip memorable and fun. Tomorrows gym session won't be nearly as fun as water aerobics!! Jose Felix @ Casablanca, Rafael at moonlight- amazing service, thank you!! The quality of the rooms in certain parts of the resort is so-so, but the resort is staffed so superbly you won't care. First resort I've been to that I will definitely go back to!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Danni3298

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing the amazing time you had at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa .
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate our animation and restaurant staff for providing a great hospitality.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went through cheapcarribean for this trip and had a very nice room (Building 5). The resort is extremely clean. The food was mediocre. We got a reservation at 2 restaurants upon check in: Johnny's (wouldn't bother eating there, would much rather have eaten at the buffet even though the menu never changes) and Mexican (the margarita's were terrible). The weather was beautiful and I agree with some of the reviews here, the service you get depends upon the color of your bracelet. Didn't like the fact that you had to get up early to wait in line for a bed at the VIP beach. It was like a herd of cattle going through the doors and running to grab a bed. The timeshare people hang outside the Casablanca waiting to reel you in for "just 15 minutes". Them and the birds at the buffet sort of remind me of one another. The price was right for this trip; however, I wouldn't spend a penny more. The VIP party on Sunday night was very nice, but make sure you get there early. The lines for the food were extremely long. The party on Thursday night was fun as well, The music was really loud, the fireworks were beautiful and the foam party was a lot of fun. If you want to go to a cheap resort, this is the place to go. Will probably stick to Punta Cana or Mexico.

Room Tip: If you go to the Tropical side of the resort; request Building 4, 5 or 6.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for posting a review about your experience among us and for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa for your holidays.

We are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Your comments are taken very seriously, we will use it to improve our product and we apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was our first time in the Dominican and it was a great chose! The guys were great. Choco Choco was full of energy and making everyone get up and move. John Cena is a great young man and very good at getting the women to dance. Lenny Kravets was great with his Spanish lessons. Johnny Bravo and Michael Jordan made the dance contest a hoot. Carmelo was a great MC and did a wonderful job getting all the people involved. He was also amazing doing the fire dance with D. Tairis was very nice and did a great job with the sports around the pool. We will be going back to this wonderful resort. The beaches, restaurants, and the people are amazing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony S

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation. We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation and we will congratulate our animation staff about your nice comments regarding them.

We hope to see you back soon in our lovely hotel.

The management

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just recently got back from my 6 nights stay at Lifestyle Resort with my girlfriend/sister (booked so cheaply through cheapcaribbean. Thank you cheapcaribbean.) We had the most incredible time. I love Republica Dominicana and hope someday to return. En mi corazon soy Latina. Yo se. (In my heart I am Latina. I know.) The Dominicanas take great pride in their land and country as they should, and are very warm, fun-loving, hospitable, attractive, and friendly. My amiga y yo made many amigos along the way.

The resort was amazing.... (make sure you get VIP access though through cheapcaribbean or another travel agency...) the food and drinks were delish.... the entertainment was awesome and the excursions really let us experience the island. We were able to do the city tour (not to be missed), Paradise Island snorkeling (best reef we went to), Scuba drive (sosua is an incredible beach), and visit Ocean world (kinda like a sea world. We went on a Sunday and it was mostly locals which was cool).

A special thanks to Felix who helped us extraordinarly from Excursions, Isalaura from guest services, Maria at Casa Blanca for you warm Breakfast service, Carlos at Casa Blanca for his fine evening dinning, and Hector from entertainment. Everyone was so fabulous. Also a quick thanks to all the beautiful dancing chicas that danced in the shows. Thank you for teaching me some new moves at the Sunday Fiesta! I love you girls....Also much love to Michael Jordan, Johnny Bravo, Carmelo, John Cena, Lenny Carvits, Choco Choco, Puchi, Tairis and anyone I missed. XOXO Laura, perhaps someday I will again come your way....although I don't encourage you to come mine. Hace frio aqui....well actually spring has sprung in NY and it is quite lovely now...but still not the island....:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank xoxo_laura_xoxo

Dear guest,

It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide an unforgettable experience and also help us to always improve our service.
We are glad to know that we have achieved your satisfaction and we hope to have you with us at Lifestyle Tropical Resort Beach & Spa in the near future.

The management,