“Best Spring Break Ever”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Syracuse, New York
“Best Spring Break Ever”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wanted the perfect spring break for my Senior year in college and that is exactly what I got at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. The hotel staff was the most friendly I had ever come across and the rooms were exceptionally clean. The resort was perfect for the type of break my friends and I were looking for. Nothing too crazy but very entertaining nonetheless. This is of course thanks to all of the poolside entertainers (Michael Jordan, Lenny Kravitz, John Cena, Choco Choco, Puchi, and Johnny Bravo). They took what could have been a monotonous seven days of laying by the pool and made them that much more fun. The wait staff at the Casablanca buffet was also exceptional, mainly Froilan and Kalvin. Everyone was very friendly and my friends and I had an overall wonderful experience in Puerto Plata.

2 Thank Chloe M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,030)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is my second time going there in two years, and i plan on going back yet again!! The entertainment group are not only friendly and energetic but they make your experience so much better!! Especially Puchi!! Where ever we were he would find my friends and I and make sure we participated. He even got our shyest friend to get out of her shell!! Water aerobics was our absolute favorite, the instructor was super animated & really made us break a sweat. The food was okay there were times where I wish there are more but it wasn't terrible. The resort is very clean and the staff overall did a great job!

Room Tip: If you're looking for just one bed bedroom, building 5 is beautiful.
1 Thank mokiinita
naperville, il
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'm a regular visitor to this resort. It has grown over the past several years 3-fold - at least. The one constant that always remains the same is the warm hospitality that is extended by the resort staff - both the long time employees & the new ones. I would like to express my gratitude to the following people...

Lee & Heather Jones - it was my first time booking with you & you made it a breeze - thank you for your extremely prompt & courteous responses to all of my questions... I've already booked for June & recommended friends & family book through you :) I will keep them coming your way!!!

Jose Vaquer - Jose is the GM at the Tropical - he is always very professional & makes every effort to ensure the comfort of his guests. Thank you for all of the help you extended to my friends & me.

Juana Morales - Thank you for your help. It is so very appreciated!

Miriam - Lobby Bar - She never forgets a face or a drink & am so lucky to have the honor of being her friend.

Jacinta - My flowers are always beautiful & my room is always done to perfection - thank you :)

Winston Santos - thank you for keeping the good guys... You have a great entertainment staff & they are always professional. I cannot ever write a review without mentioning the staff that make it so worth while to come back...
Darinel - He is a remarkable dancer who is always respectful & professional, & a joy to watch. I never tire of watching him dance - not to mention that he keeps us all laughing...
Roberto & Sharina - beautiful dancers who's love for dance radiates to the audience.
Montecimo rocks the drums!
John Cena - a recent & welcome addition to the animation staff - I appreciate his professionalism & humor - keep up the great attitude!
I'm running out of space, I'd like to give special recognition to the remaining staff for always making my trip wonderful!
Bon Jovi, Caramelo, Lenny Kravitz - Animation
Melissa, Jaquline - Casablanca
God Bless and God willing, I'll see you all in June!

2 Thank michellenalex
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was an amazing trip! The hotel was exceptionally accommodating and the staff was excellent. The entertainers definitely made the trip worth while, thank you Jhony Bravo, MJ, and Puchi! They made sure that my best friend and I had an amazing trip. There was always an activity to participate in and there were evening shows that were very entertaining. If you are looking for a crazy vacation, this is not the trip for you. This was a very relaxing vacation, we never left the resort. The resort was beautiful and had plenty of pools and lounging areas. The food was pretty good for being buffet style and the resort books a reservation for you at one of their all inclusive restaurants, which was nice! I will definitely be returning and would recommend it to anyone!

1 Thank Amanda M
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we thank you, for taking your time to write this review, its wonderful for us to hear that you had an great week at our Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa.
It is good to know that you took advantage of this place and enjoyed the most of everything.

Thank you also for recommending us to any future guests.
We would be more than happy to welcome you again in our resort.

Best Regards,
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I loved the place. Ill start by saying tthat I stayed at tthe crown suites. Nothing too fancy but we drfinitely got treated well.

First, the room was big and spacious. We had heated water, more than enough closet space, our sheets were changed daily and there was always beer, soda and water in the fridge. Me nd my friend are huge water drinkers and wed go through the bottles easily. We requested at front desk to please add more and there was always four extra bottles after that so front desk service was good.
Second, the food was good. Most times great, a few times just edile. When you got tthe food cooked recently from the chefs directly it was ALWAYS amazing. I had my beef medium rare and it was very juicy and delicious. Same goes for the pasta dishes and carribean cuisine. The seafood was usually very fresh although the oysters werent the est Ive had. I recommend getting up early to make reservations for the specialy restaurants although avoid ordering the sweet and sour chicken at indochine because it tasted nothing like what its supossed to. I do recommend the salmon though it was delish.
I never had a priblem ordering drinks at the bar and was never ignored and the drinks were good. Mai tai was always delicious. The wwaiters were quick although if u made too many orders they woukd confuse one or two of the drinks. Not big of a deal because most of tthe drinks tasted well.
Ebtertainment- was probably the highlight of the place vecause they always had great shows at the colosseum every night starting at 9:30. They also had mini shows going on down by the main pool area every day and the animators really are lively fun and show you a good time. Theh go above and beyind whats eexpected of them. Jhonny Bravo, Choco Choco, Pucci, Michael Jordan and the gang were always making us laugh and are the best animators Ive seen. Jhony Bravo went above and beyond duribg his off time even finding us some fellow guests to play volleyball with. I would return and specifically seek them out to tthank tthem!!!
I wwoukd definitely comr vack again to this resort. I was abke tto relax and have fun and not feel like i had to sell a kidney to get noticed or receive great attention. Thank you Lifestyle!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank koro00
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa as the hotel to enjoy your vacation and we also thank you for writing this comment about your experience here at our resort.
We are very happy to read that you had a great vacation and that you would like to come back.
Hope to see you very soon.

Best regards,

Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" so do you when you go to this resort. I'm not saying we didn't have a great time because we did, but resort quality left something to be deserved. If you are just looking for a decent place to relax and drink by a pool then this place is pretty good. However, if you are like me and what your surroundings to be impresive then this place is not for you. Again, i'm not saying this place isn't nice because it is by some measures but not mine. As the old addage goes we were told we were upgraded to ocean view rooms, I suppose there was an ocean out there but I could not see it. Our room was clean, but as others have metioned and I read before going here, the walls are paper thin and expect to hear everything going on in your neighbors room. We were told upon check in that the mini bar in our room was included, that was a joke, 2 beers in there and they don't refil it, and don't expect room service, no chance! I was very dissapointed that there was no waiters near the pools either,i'm not lazy but when i'm on vacation I don't want to have to walk a long distance from where every i'm sitting to the bar everytime I want a drink. They advertise premium alcohol, no way Jose. The buffet was marginal, same stuff daily. They advertise all of these restuarants but don't expect to get more than 2 reservations unless you buy or are an existing owner. The 2 restuarants we ate at where ok, not spectacular but certainly better than the buffet. I heard from others at the resort the experience is way different for owners and as a timeshare owner myself, i do believe that. Some bright spots of this resort; the entertainment crew were outstanding and very fun people that did make your time near the pool very fun. As advertised, the Sunday welcome party is awesome and a MUST. The sushi bar that is open to the public was also very good and fairly accessible. The excursions we booked were fun, but like any excursion you have to travel a minium of 1 hour for anyone of them. Paradise Island is a must if you have time. The maids did a good job of keeping our room clean, our water pressure in our room was good but our friends barely came out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ben s
Dear guest,

First of all we thank you for choosing our hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa for your holidays and for the time you took to share your review with the Tripadvisor community.
We would like to thank you for highlighting our strengths and weaknesses. Please be sure that your observations are taking into great consideration for their analysis, in order to improve the points you mentioned.

Best Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Only good part of the trip was Jhony Bravo and his friends with their awesome dance moves and friendly personalities. The food, rooms, guest services dining reservation staff and everything else was miserable.

3 Thank Kate K