“fantastic trip if you just relax and enjoy yourself!”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've read so many negative reviews about Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort, and I just can't seem to understand it. Bottom line-if you're the type who needs the best of the best, 5+++ star, VIP everything, candlelit dinners complete with butler service, blah blah blah, don't bother staying here!-If you're young, you like to party, relax, meet new people who enjoy the same things and hang out at a really affordable price, this is definitely the place for you.

Just because some travelers had a difficult trip, long flights, etc., taking it out on the staff isn't going to help you. No wonder you wait 3+hrs for your rooms to be ready! We were polite, and just pumped to be on vacation. They treated us very well, and we breezed right in no problemo.

Yes, you will be asked to listen to the timeshare presentation, but actually, we didn't mind it at all. Others make it sound like they dragged you by the throat or held you prisoner until you listened! Come on, you're on vacation, not at war. My boyfriend and I got a tour of the residential area which included a helipad. Yes, a freakin helipad. We got the presentation over with right when we checked in, and weren't bothered at all again for the entire week! Don't try to avoid them, they'll find you. Get it over with on your first day, and you'll enjoy the rest of your vaca.They understood when we said we weren't interested, and we made our way right to the bar.

Food is decent-I've had better, but I've also had much much worse. The restaurants are better than the buffet. Make your reservations ASAP. VIP beach is amazing-don't bother going if you don't purchase this package. The Sunday welcome party is out of this world-think Vegas style show x100 plus a huge buffet and of course, all you can drink.

The only real negative I can think of are the pushy vendors selling necklaces, bracelets, etc. They're everywhere. But I'm from New York, so I'm used to it. Just move along, say no thank you or drink till it doesn't bother you! You may even make a friend like I did.

Room Tip: They all have balconies,and AC so you're set wherever you are.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EJLOVE1011
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear guest,
First at all we would like to thank you for choosing Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post your comments about your stay among us.
We would like to express how glad we are to read that you had enjoyed a memorable experience.
It will be a pleasure for the whole team to welcome you back at our resort. Please feel free to contact us prior your arrival.
With regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Room is full of ants and after calling three times, four hours later stil.no response! I will never stay here again! Beware of timeshare people. The people are all friendly, but unresponsive. They advertise beer in refrigerator, yet it took tipping the maid to get to get only two beers.

Room Tip: If you want beer in the fridge, you need to tip the maid.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank ColoradoFamily9736
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Upon check in the person who helped me was very rude I asked for a upgraded room and said can't help you. Then it started with the the salesman you want the tour the would call our room at 8 every morning and come knock on the door. The only concern was his $25 he gets for the tour he takes us on. We told them no we already owned a time share somewhere else does not matter. If the say you have access to the VIP areas it is a lie you don't as a guest of the hotel the food is horrible the bars all serve the same crap drinks. The room we had was one of the worst I have ever stayed in I have been to a lot of bad hotels but this is now the worst. The staff was not helpful or nice at all I found it to a bad vacation experience will recommend to all my friends DO NOT EVER GO THERE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christopher S
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the observations concerning the service at the hotel, and we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with some of our services and amenities at the resort.
We are in the business to bring an enjoyable and excellent experience to all of our guests.
The few times that we do encounter an unhappy guest we address the issue immediately and turn the challenge into an opportunity.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulty you may have experienced during your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

First of all let me say that all the staff at this resort are amazing: Choco Choco, P Diddy, Johny Roco, Tairis, Lenny Kravits, and the smily bartender at the beach bar (Pedro). Their friendliness and enthusiasm makes for a very fun atmosphere at the resort. There are always activities to enjoy. The food was awesome, lots of variety. I will definitely be back! :D

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate Choco Coco, P Diddy, Johny Roco, Tairis, Lenny Kravitz and Pedro for providing a great hospitality.

It would be a pleasure to host you soon again in our resort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Words cannot express how wonderful this resort was. From the moment I walked in, up until the time I walked out the door I felt like a goddess. The rooms were great and the staff extremely friendly. The entertainment staff kept you on your toes all day and night with excellent performances all day long. There was not a dull moment the entire trip. Thank you to all the following entertainment staff for making my vacation a once in a life time experience and truly unforgettable at that; Tairis, Jon Cina, Johny Bravo, Lenne Cravis, Piddiri, Puchi Puchi, Choco Choco, Sexy Blaqui, and of course Caramelo. Truly amazing and a wonderful place to visit. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was not as nice as they advertised. The food was ok. If you werent a VIP memeber you were the bottom of the barrel. I was highly impressed with the entertainment crew. They were very friendly, personal, and made you feel like they were your best friend. They work really hard and really seemed to enjoy there job and making everyone happy. Bon Jovi and Supertino made our vacation worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa.
We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Resort as your holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.
It was a pleasure to read your comments about our entertainment staff. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide a unforgettable experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week with a friend and her 9 yr old son, Feb. 16th - 23rd. I was also here last spring in the end of April both times RCI exchange during a promotion on the all -inclusive fees!
I think there was an improvement in the food at the buffet and none of us got sick. [ We also did not eat uncooked veggies just in case} I did not hear people complaining about being sick at all this trip which I did hear last time.
We got a room in Bld 4 which had the same housekeeper that I had last visit in Bld 3. I like the location of these buildings as they are close to everything and noise was not a problem at all.
The grounds were beautiful and everything was kept clean.
WE went to the Italian , the Dominican, and the Asian restaurants and had a good meal at all. The 9 yr old boy really liked Asian and the chicken Alfredo at the Italian!
Our RCI guest services reps helped us with any changes we wanted to make and answered any questions we had. No Problemo.
All employees were friendly and helpful!!!

Room Tip: I Like building 3 & 4 locations