I've read so many negative reviews about Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort, and I just can't seem to understand it. Bottom line-if you're the type who needs the best of the best, 5+++ star, VIP everything, candlelit dinners complete with butler service, blah blah blah, don't bother staying here!-If you're young, you like to party, relax, meet new people who enjoy the same things and hang out at a really affordable price, this is definitely the place for you.
Just because some travelers had a difficult trip, long flights, etc., taking it out on the staff isn't going to help you. No wonder you wait 3+hrs for your rooms to be ready! We were polite, and just pumped to be on vacation. They treated us very well, and we breezed right in no problemo.
Yes, you will be asked to listen to the timeshare presentation, but actually, we didn't mind it at all. Others make it sound like they dragged you by the throat or held you prisoner until you listened! Come on, you're on vacation, not at war. My boyfriend and I got a tour of the residential area which included a helipad. Yes, a freakin helipad. We got the presentation over with right when we checked in, and weren't bothered at all again for the entire week! Don't try to avoid them, they'll find you. Get it over with on your first day, and you'll enjoy the rest of your vaca.They understood when we said we weren't interested, and we made our way right to the bar.
Food is decent-I've had better, but I've also had much much worse. The restaurants are better than the buffet. Make your reservations ASAP. VIP beach is amazing-don't bother going if you don't purchase this package. The Sunday welcome party is out of this world-think Vegas style show x100 plus a huge buffet and of course, all you can drink.
The only real negative I can think of are the pushy vendors selling necklaces, bracelets, etc. They're everywhere. But I'm from New York, so I'm used to it. Just move along, say no thank you or drink till it doesn't bother you! You may even make a friend like I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach