“Very fun resort!”

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Barrie, Canada
“Very fun resort!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

First of all let me say that all the staff at this resort are amazing: Choco Choco, P Diddy, Johny Roco, Tairis, Lenny Kravits, and the smily bartender at the beach bar (Pedro). Their friendliness and enthusiasm makes for a very fun atmosphere at the resort. There are always activities to enjoy. The food was awesome, lots of variety. I will definitely be back! :D

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write this comment, expressing how much fun you had at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa.
We are really happy that you liked our facilities and we will congratulate Choco Coco, P Diddy, Johny Roco, Tairis, Lenny Kravitz and Pedro for providing a great hospitality.

It would be a pleasure to host you soon again in our resort.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,030)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Winfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Words cannot express how wonderful this resort was. From the moment I walked in, up until the time I walked out the door I felt like a goddess. The rooms were great and the staff extremely friendly. The entertainment staff kept you on your toes all day and night with excellent performances all day long. There was not a dull moment the entire trip. Thank you to all the following entertainment staff for making my vacation a once in a life time experience and truly unforgettable at that; Tairis, Jon Cina, Johny Bravo, Lenne Cravis, Piddiri, Puchi Puchi, Choco Choco, Sexy Blaqui, and of course Caramelo. Truly amazing and a wonderful place to visit. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The room was not as nice as they advertised. The food was ok. If you werent a VIP memeber you were the bottom of the barrel. I was highly impressed with the entertainment crew. They were very friendly, personal, and made you feel like they were your best friend. They work really hard and really seemed to enjoy there job and making everyone happy. Bon Jovi and Supertino made our vacation worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort and Spa.
We greatly appreciate that you have chosen our Resort as your holiday destination. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continue improving and providing our service for our guests.
It was a pleasure to read your comments about our entertainment staff. Your compliment towards our staff really shows the readers the true results of our efforts to provide a unforgettable experience.

The Management
Hartland, Vermont
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week with a friend and her 9 yr old son, Feb. 16th - 23rd. I was also here last spring in the end of April both times RCI exchange during a promotion on the all -inclusive fees!
I think there was an improvement in the food at the buffet and none of us got sick. [ We also did not eat uncooked veggies just in case} I did not hear people complaining about being sick at all this trip which I did hear last time.
We got a room in Bld 4 which had the same housekeeper that I had last visit in Bld 3. I like the location of these buildings as they are close to everything and noise was not a problem at all.
The grounds were beautiful and everything was kept clean.
WE went to the Italian , the Dominican, and the Asian restaurants and had a good meal at all. The 9 yr old boy really liked Asian and the chicken Alfredo at the Italian!
Our RCI guest services reps helped us with any changes we wanted to make and answered any questions we had. No Problemo.
All employees were friendly and helpful!!!

Room Tip: I Like building 3 & 4 locations
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
toronto
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went down with my family last week, and we had a great time. There was always lots to do, and the atmosphere of the resort was great. "Jonny Bravo" and the rest of the staff were wonderful, and made the experience all the more fun and personal. Lovely ocean front, and great pools.

-Ashley and family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank litetech
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The rating of terrible was earned by this place. My room was nice but rarely had water or electricity. They say they have dozens of restaurants but they are impossible to get in to. We were so called "VIPs" with a high level wristband but that doesnt matter for any thing. The food at the buffetts is marginal at best. Little variety and of average to below average quality. Eating there 3 times a day for 2 weeks was horrible. While enroute to the resort they cancelled my reservation without notice for no reason. Upon arrival they said the room that was booked for me has already been sold and they had no rooms left. Then magically after about an hour they had another room but it was $20 MORE per night. Total scam but I just traveled 14 hours on a plane to get there and had no where else to go. No matter what the issue is Staff will tell you they understand that you are upset and then tell you to pound sand and are unwilling to do anything about it. Also it was $120.00 for wifi. Unbelievable.

I was there for two weeks. At least 75% of the other guests I spoke with had the same problems and will not be coming back to this place. I can assure you I will never come back here and I will warn anyone I can not to come here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ryan M
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent vacation... Loved the entertainers especially jhony bravo very professional and devoted to his job...resort very clean and everyone friendly .told all my friend and we are going back again this year ..

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank keyla69
managementteam55, Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience among us.
On behalf of our Management, we would like to express you how happy we were reading that you had an excelent vacation with us.
Our entertainers were congratulated for their good job.
Thank you for recommending us to your friends!
It woul be a great pleasure to see you again very soon.

The Managment