“Oh My Mother...”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks vacation at this resort and I had an excellent time. The staff were wonderful and friendly. The staff entertainment around the Tropical Pool was fantastic, P-Diddy and the boys made every day fantastic. I had a wonderful time, and I cannot wait to go back.

3  Thank Raven750
There are newer reviews for The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went for a week and had the best trip of our lives. The flight and checking in were extremely easy. We are VIP members and had amazing service. Everyone is very friendly and there is always something to do. The animators really get you involved, we played beach volley something i would have never done if it wasnt for Hector (P. Diddy) he was really great kept us laughing and entertained the whole trip. I loved how big the resort was and how you could go to all the different parts, there was never a dull moment. We are going back as soon as possible!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank michelle t
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My mom and I decided to book a last minute vacation and had never been to Puerto Plata before. We were a little nervous about picking just anywhere but Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort was an excellent choice-- beyond our expectations! I have to say that the staff poolside really made our vacation. They are all so filled with energy and an excellent source of daily (and nightly) entertainment! John Cena and Lenny Kravitz were the very best! We participated in the morning water aerobics everyday and were so excited by these two guys who ran the class-- I loved their energy! Staff aside, this is a beautiful resort and I would recommend it to anyone. My only complaint being that the room we stayed in lost hot water in the shower a couple of the days we were there and the food was only mediocre. I found that eating buffet style or going to the Mexican restaurant were the best options. The two poolside entertainment guys, John Cena & Lenny Kravitz were the very very best though! Bring your family and friends here-- great vacation and beautiful scenery. The perfect getaway!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Tropical and was pleasantly surprised considering I didn't know what to expect. The place was beautiful and the staff was really friendly. The VIP Beach was gorgeous and has free wifi but you have to get there extremely early to get a bed. Being at the pool there was never a dull moment! The entertainment guys, John Cena, P Diddy, Caramelo and Lenny Kravitz absolutely made our vacation! They were hilarious and def nice to look at! The drinks were average and the buffet was pretty awful. But the food at the restaurants were amazing so make sure to make reservations for every night! Overall a successful vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim O
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed at Cofresi but liked the main pool at The Tropical the best because the staff were so much fun there. P Diddy was the life of the party and made me laugh all day long! Lenny Kravitz was lots of fun to play beach volleyball with and Jonny Bravo taught me how to play tennis which was really fun too! John Cena gave great aerobics classes and Choco Choco made it fun to play darts and bocci ball. George always remembered my name and said a big hello to me every day. Thank you to all of these guys for making my vacation so much fun.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We (my husband, son and myself) stayed at Cofresi for 2 weeks, but walked over to the Tropical every day to have some fun with the Animation Team there. George of the Jungle always had a smile for us and 3 towels ready as soon as he saw us approaching! John Cena was awesome in stretching class every day.Aerobics were so much fun with Lenny Kravitz, Choco Choco, Johnny Bravo and John Cena. Choco works hard to get everyone involved in all the activities, and made sure to include our 13 year old son in the pool games. For Spanish lessons, Lenny Kravitz is THE MAN, and Johnny Bravo is the TENNIS PRO!!! P Diddy did an excellent job of keeping us entertained on the microphone and made us laugh every day. After working so hard all day to keep everyone happy and entertained, each one of these guys would then work evenings to put on shows and entertainment, sometimes by the pool, or at the Colloseum. They always had smiles on their faces, provided non-stop games and entertainment, and took the time to make each guest feel welocme and special. I cannot speak about other aspects of the Tropical as we did not stay there, but making the LONG walk from Cofresi every day (sometimes back and forth 3 or 4 times a day) should indicate what a great environment John C, Johnny B, Lenny, Choco, P Diddy and George are creating. Thank you so much guys, you gave us the best times of our vacation!

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My best friend and I went to the Tropical in DR for 5 nights February 16-21. We had a super smooth trip from the airport to hotel, as well as check-in. The room was much better than expected, given the cost of the trip, we had a pool view. Within our first hour of being at the resort, we were roped into judging a drink-making contest by P. diddy, where we got to know a lot of the entertainment staff-John Cena, Caramelo, P.diddy, Lenny Kravitz....they all kept us laughing the whole time we were there. Although the staff and ammenities were great, the food and drinks were terrible...my vodka/7-up drinks always tasted like dish soap (??) and the buffet was not even tolerable. The restaurants that require reservations were much better, like a resort should be.
All in all, we had a great time but would def BYOF (bring your own food) in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends