My husband and I came here for our honeymoon because we found an excellent deal on Groupon. I will be honest-I wasn't expecting much. But I was extremely pleasantly surprised! The resort is beautiful, extremely well maintained with (mostly) very friendly and helpful staff. (The ones that weren't still did their jobs-just not AS friendly as others).
Our room (junior suite) was quite sufficient-it was clean, the a/c worked extremely well, it was spacious enough and met our needs entirely. It was nothing super fancy, but no complaints whatsoever. (And I left my purse in the room every single day with no problems, so very honest housekeepers!)
I would give the food 4 stars-I would say all of the meals we had were 'very good'. Make sure you make reservations in advance for the restaurants! The 2 international buffets-Casablanca and The Pearl are completely mediocre-not terrible, but not excellent either. We tried not to eat there very often. But the restaurants were very good and we enjoyed them immensely.
The beaches were beautiful and pools were beautiful. I loved that the beaches had wi-fi, that was a HUGE bonus for us!
The drinks were EXCELLENT. If the drinks weren't strong enough (which happened about half the time) I just ordered a shot of rum on the side and that did the trick.
Overall, I think people have to remember this is an all-inclusive resort that is very reasonable, and we were EXTREMELY satisfied: we had lovely food and drinks surrounded by a beautiful resort and helpful staff and felt very pleased with the excellent package deal that we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach