We just got back from another mini escape to Life Styles Tropical resort and there has been a big improvement over the last year. We went a Cheap Caribbean deal and again certainly got our money’s worth. The grounds as usual were well kept and looked great. The staff very friendly and willing to do whatever was needed.
We did have a problem with our original room 4009 which as a bit bigger than a closet and the bathroom left a lot to be desired. After two nights we asked to be moved and immediately we were moved to 5220, a much bigger and nicer room. They admonished us for not complaining the day before as they could have moved us then. Oh well… The rooms still have not been upgraded to the level of flat screen TVs but they were recently painted and spruced up.
VIP beach was as usual very nice, comfortable and the snack menu as good as ever. The servers and bar tenders attentive and the drinks were pretty good. In fact they made the best Bloody Mary I have had in a long time.
The biggest surprise was the improvement of the food quality. This was found from the buffet to the ala carte restaurants. This was the first time at lunch I could say the food at a buffet was good and in fact much better than expected. We did talk to the executive chef who has been there for just a year and he said he had been trying to improve the food quality. He has met his goal. The Sunday night gala party was as good as any we have been to and the food was amazing from fresh roasted pig, roast beer, lobster, crab legs, lamb, fish and all the salads and sides you could think of. The show was pretty good as well.
All in all a very enjoyable 5 days. For those of you worrying about your “Cheap Caribbean” holiday….stop worrying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and BookIt.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach