Greetings - My fiancé and I stayed at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa. The establishment was nice, but we preferred the pools and beach at the Cofresi Hotel next door (which we had full access to as part of our package.) We did not like the color-coded bracelets indicating what part of the Tropical resort we could and could not use - you are very limited if you are not part of the total VIP package (like an owner of the Lifestyle plan or a registered guest of an owner). Go on the tour if you have an hour or two to spare - it's worth seeing the different houses or suites and other amenities owners get to utilize. But don't be fooled by the sales pitch - do the math, factor in all traveling expenses and it's not even close to being a "good deal".....your better off renting from one of the already established owners that advertise on VRBO.
Our room was on the first floor by the pool. At times it was quite loud because of the activities going on with the Animation Team. We did not mind the noise because we love to hear and see people having a great time!
However, there was a lot of rain (tail end of Hurricane Sandy) that came through on our 3rd day and our room actually flooded. Our sliding glass door was closed (it did not lock) but it was coming through anyway. House cleaning came to clean it up however once they saw how much water was in the room, they said we would have to relocate. We found humor in the situation and they moved us to the 3rd floor for the remainder of our stay. It's stuff like this that makes memories! Towards the evening of our 3rd day I was not feeling well, and on the 4th day I spent the ENTIRE day in the bathroom. Being sick on vacation is NEVER fun, but I did only gain .2 lbs the whole time while on vacation! LOL! The STAFF at the hotel are FABULOUS! Shout out to Sexy Banana! I left gifts on my bed every day with a thank you note for House Keeping - they were very appreciative. Even though it is an ALL INCLUSIVE vacation, we tipped $1-$2 for every drink, and every meal at the buffet or restaurant we tipped at least $2-$4. We plan on returning because it rained the last 3-4 days of our vacation and we have more excursions we want to do! Plus, the STAFF is WONDERFUL and THEY are the ones that will keep vacationers coming back!!! (Oh yes, if you do end up having a very bad upset stomach, ask the bartender to fix you a drink called the Boomba (sp?). It tastes absolutely horrible, but it really does work for an upset stomach - sip it and give it a few hours to work. I only wish I had known about this when I first started showing signs of having to spend the day in the bathroom! HA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach