I am getting ready to book my trip back to this hotel again. I often read the trip reviews before I go... that's just me and what I like to do... call it catching up on current events. I was so disheartened to read such horrible comments from recent guests. I've been coming to this hotel 2-3 times per year since 2006 - I was just there this past June.
The hotel management and staff take pride in this establishment. The grounds are immaculate and they are constantly cleaning up after the guests. They continue to upgrade and add to the beauty of your surroundings and since I’ve been coming here, the size of this resort has doubled.
Miriam and Gina are in the lobby bar of the Tropical - they've both been there for many years. David, Nicanor and Happy Happy are bartenders at the pool bar. These people have always been extremely courteous, professional, and helpful. They enjoy what they do and take pride in their work. They never forget a face and welcome you back with a smile and open arms – no matter how busy they are.
The animation team - Bon Jovi, Lenny Kravitz, Carmelo, Sexy Blacky, to name a few - are there to engage the patrons - and they do a great job - they make you laugh, encourage you to participate and even if you are a bystander, you cannot help but smile at some of their antics.
There are nightly shows at the Coliseum and a poolside show once a week. The dancers work extremely hard to entertain you. Darinel is an excellent dancer and always a joy to watch... as is Roberto and Sharina. It doesn’t matter if I’ve seen the show before… I look forward to seeing them again and I know these people work their butt off morning until wee hours of the morning again – all for the purpose of making us, the guests, smile, and laugh and to have an all-around great time.
The Sunday Welcome Party is always spectacular and I try to never miss it. The saxophonist can take on Kenny G any time – his music is mesmerizing.
The wait staff at the VIP beaches is always very attentive whether I leave them a tip or not. The atmosphere is luxurious. The beds are clean and you cannot help but to be relaxed in this place!
The housekeeping services are excellent. I’ve never had a problem with the level of service I’ve received. Anything I’ve asked for, I’ve gotten. They do remove the towels when they clean your rooms but they are replaced in the afternoon as soon as they can – freshly cleaned. I have my favorite – Jacinta – she truly goes out of her way to help you and meet your needs.
I’ve never been sickened by the food – ever. I’ve been to all of the specialty restaurants and there is always a good selection of food. I do prefer some restaurants over others, but these are personal preferences and have nothing to do with the quality of the food that is served. I am always able to find a large variety of food at the buffet and have no problem eating there every night.
The massages at the spa are wonderful and priced appropriately. I’ve had them there several times and I’ve always walked away feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Then you have the Lifestyle staff that want to bring you to the presentation… a firm “no” is all that is required. These people are just doing their job – and that is to try to bring you to the presentation.
There is a class structure based on the wristband you wear. Some bands allow you more perks such as access to exclusive VIP areas or top shelf liquor but this is because that person paid a lot more money than most. I have never been treated anything less than ideal by any of the staff because of the color of my bracelet. And I am not a member - usually, I book through Cheap Caribbean like most of you.
Please remember that this is not a 5 star resort and you did not pay for a 5 star resort. However, it is a beautiful resort in a beautiful tropical setting with a staff that is eager to please you if it is within their power to do so. To suggest otherwise, I would question your expectations. There are imperfections all around us and there will sometimes be a wait to check in – or a radio that might not work – or even someone that cannot accommodate all of your desires. But for me, when all is said and done – this place is a home away from home – and that is because of the warmth and the genuine, heart-felt sincerity of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach