The resort itself is absolutely beautiful. Its well maintained, has beautiful views and the rooms are decent for the price. There are two pools which is nice, one is for games etc and the other one is the "quiet pool". We ate at the buffet everyday which has a wide assortment of mainly native foods. Its presented very nice with a wide variety. One thing I would have like to have seen was on night for them to have carved beef or some type of plain beef.
We did take trip to Ocean World which is a smaller version of Sea World and its great. It was more then we expected. I did the Shark encounter which is totally awesome. If you dont want to do a number of encounters buy your ticket at the excursion desk (hotel)and then inquire as to which encounter you want to do at the park. This way you dont end up buying more then what you need or want. I only wanted to do one encounter so it worked better for me. Be sure and bring you camera to Ocean World, the views are breathtaking.
Another tip is at night make sure you go to the ampitheater which is located behind the VIP section down the hill. The shows are very good and to start the show off the "pool people" dance and warm the audience up. Drinks are included if you do all inclusive and we didnt know this until the last night.
We had one person approach us as far as buying the vacation club. My partner went to see them and said they are beautiful. I own a timeshare or would have considered buying, thats how nice this resort is.
As far as the staff, the majority of people say hello however you can tell the ones who are generally being friendly and the other ones that are just doing their job.
Finally, the last area I see that I think could be improved is the fitness room. The equipment is older and needs to be updated. They need to provide towels and santizer to clean the machines. Be prepared to sweat as there is no air conditioning only ceiling fans.
In conclusion, though I mentioned a couple of opportunities I was extremely impressed with this resort and would stay there again. My plan is for the next time to go to Punta Cana and research the Lifestyles there and see about going VIP status. One last thing I forgot to mention is the beach. Its a smaller beach but not crowded and they will bring you chairs if you ask. The surf is alot rougher then I've seen in other places I've been however the water was warmer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach