My partner and i stayed at the lifestyle resort hotel and spa (still named Lifestyle Hacienda? out there- why different names?) in October 07 for 2 weeks wanting a quiet get away from it sleep all day holiday.
Fly time was around 8 hours and taxi from Puert Plata was 30 mins £20 each way- stress free.
On arrival we were pleasantly surprised - as weve had a few nightmares in the past, clean and well presented, staff collected baggage and delivered to the clean and accomodating room, again pleasant and we were happy.
Food; there is one large buffet restaurant serving a whole host of food which i found to be the best ive come across after much travelling.
4 al la cartes which you can visit over the period. I have read bad reviews about booking but we had no problem at all in the fortnight!
The seafood al la carte was by far the most enjoyable with the mexican; bland, and indo-china; again bland just going through the motions.
Bars were good and great swim up pool bar.
Entertainment the usual pool games, music - quite loud as expected, so move to other pool! and shows at night; which we never saw as living on the edge got quite tiring- in bed at 10pm!!
There seems to be a major agenda of selling VIP timeshares here which we were aware of and they go on relentlessly; but you have to be quite ruthless in letting them know you dont want it, if thats your decision. This was the only flaw in their staff service as the rest were spot on. My suggestion look them in the eye, dont be intimidated and be as pleasant as you can ( i only lost it once)
Overall we were very happy with this choice for the value for money although at this time they were operating at about 30% capacity.
POINTS TO NOTE:
Yes it does rain- its the tropics and can be a pleasant respite sometimes.
Overhearing other 'Brits' complaing of the food was quite amusing- if you want fish and chips go to grimsby! likewise if you want a pint go to a the dog and duck. Suggestion go to the costa del english pub so you dont have to try local delicacies and mix with 'them locals who'd have nothing if it wasn't for us' quoted from the made in england tattooed fraternity who have put us well and truly on the map!
VIP trip magnificent.
P.s. yes i have some tattoos
P.P.s some of us have fought for England (in wars, football supporting doesnt count) and we still manage some pleasantries like please and thank you rather than relying on a superpower type status- manners cost nothing!!
You cannot edit your review after you submit it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Groupon, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach