We originally booked the VH Victoria golf an beach resort. What a stupid mistake that was, which is why we ended up at the Bachata, we had beed the previous year and wanted to transfer there. Got a good size room, clean tidy and you also get the safe included, there is no separate charge for this. It is always recommended that you put all money, valuables, passports etc...inside the safe, you do not get charge for the usage so better to be safe than sorry.
The pool area is a nice size there is a pool bar and small area for kids to play in, and the beach was just past the pool area.
The drinks were good and if you didn't see something you liked the bar staff would mix the drinks the way you wanted them, you just had to ask.
Food was good, a good selection of different things as well as the regular fries and salads if your not adventerous in the eating department.
The animation staff I loved, a great bunch of kids. They had a great amount of time for you and we loved to have a chat and a laugh with them. Jonathan I miss the most, what a sweetheart he is, a beautiful boy. There was lots of games to play and the animation team will come around and announce what was coming up and ask you to join in. I am not usually a one for the games but could not resist joining in we had such a giggle. All the winners are called up in the evening to recieve your winners certificate and a small bottle of rum, we had so much of the stuff, we couldn't carry it home so gave it away. We met a great bunch of people too, a few we had chatted to on the flight out. we caught up with them when we transfered to the Bachata. We had just one small thing, it didn't spoil our time at the Bachata but you should really know that on some weekends there is an influx of locals come in, it was a Dominican bank holiday wk end while we were there and the hotel was full, which made it a little manic at meal times, the chaos could be avoided though if you go for your meals ealier rather than later it was a lot less busy, as a rule the dominican guests would eat later rather than early doors.
I would definatley like to go back but next time I will be taking my son with us, Sum of The staff had remembered us and even asked why he didn't come this time (He had already had holiday in school time). All the faces they see day in and day out they still remembered which I thought was brilliant. We had a great time and hope you do to.
A Huge Thanks to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata