We stayed as a couple over the easter holidays as a late getaway for 15 nights, and we had such a lovely time.
Lovely setting, short transfer, lovely staff, Clean hotel
Repetitive food, dirty beach, beach isn't ideal for swimming or snorkelling (too rough), a port is being built in the sea which ruined the sea views, the pool needs cleaning more regularly, more should be done to stop the mosquitoes (ie: smoke) - Oh and don't get stuck in the sea once the jet ski's pack up, because no one is around to save you!! (No Joke)
Even though i have negatives it didn't hinder the holiday at all. For example - even though the buffet food was repetitive, you can book the Al a carte restaurants as many times as you like. It is good if you're a fish eater, there was fresh fish most nights and also salmon and sushi on the salad bar. You can protect yourself against mosquito bites and the mountains in the distance are pretty enough to be able to ignore the sight of construction work, we had no problem at all with the noise and our room was at the back by the sea too. The staff are absolutely great. Eduardo (drinky drinky), Soto, Muriel were my fave bar staff, and the entertinment team were hilarious.
We spent most of our time by the pool, the beach was too dirty for our liking and the wasps and ants put us off. I like to snorkel but my husband told me he couldn't see any fish when he went, and you can't swim too far out because the under current is too strong. All the time we were there the reg flag was up, i can't imagine they take it doing to be honest. But being by the pool was fine by us.
Overall, a fab holiday and I would absolutely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata