I spent a week at the Riu Bachata with my brother and it was pretty decent. Sunday to Thursday was excellant however on Friday/Saturday the locals took over the resort. It was hard finding a chair on the beach or by the pool where as during the week it was not a problem.
The night life at this resort is not great at all. The shows are average same as every other resort but once the nightly entertainment ends there is nothing else to do. The advertise disco on site is empty and you have to pay for your drinks. I personally don't like this idea at all only because we paid however much to stay at an all inclusive resort but than we have to pay for drinks if we want to go dancing?!
The food was decent a lot of variety I am a picky eater and was able to find something I liked every meal. The steak house was a joke, the food was not great at all, it was the same thing we could have had at the buffet.
The hotel rooms were kept up, however a lot of the evenings the water would shut off for approx 1 hour not pleasant when you are stuck in the shower with shampoo in your hair.
A lot of reviews complain about the beach and yes I would agree it is very rocky you must wear water shoes to enjoy but to me this isn't any different than any other resorts in Puerto Plata.
The overall service was average, there are a lot of extremely nice waiters etc however a few working at the bar wouldnt follow first come first serve service, a few times it would take me 10 minutes to get a drink.
Lastly I liked how there was another beach at the side of the resort, the water was better it was warm with less rocks only downside is there are no chairs there. I am not even sure if this is owned by the Riu but a lot of guests found themselves over there.
I would go back again this time i would remember my water shoes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata