I wanted to find something quick and reasonable for a weekend get away.
The hotel is lovely, and the staff very friendly and obliging.
The rooms were spotless.
The food was good with plenty of variety.
When Juan Carlos, the valet, opened the curtains in my room so I could see the amazing view, my jaw dropped. It was stunning!
My only complaint was the bed. Very uncomfortable, and because of the liner under the sheets, they crinkled and cracked every time you moved.
Overall, I have to say I enjoyed the resort, and I would be happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata