i guess all the complainers have perfect lives and are perfect people. We have been to about 20 all-inclusive resorts, and you cant compare a resort in Puerto Plata to a resort in Punta Cana or Mexico or Cuba or Jamaica. Each destination should be accepted for its own location.
We were there from Feb. 14-21, 2012 and yes we have some bad weather to start off the vacation, but they did still hold all the games and arrange Bingo by the stage. Every room has an umbrella, so get off your butt and walk around (it was still warm enough to wear a bathing suit). Decide to complain or make your own fun.
The FOOD was fine. I did not see anything to complain about ... are you there to vacation or eat? Stay at home and make your own perfect meals if you're looking to stuff your face all week. The WINE was disappointing so find a different drink of choice.
ALL STAFF were amazing. If you are nice to them and show some respect they will give it back. Give me a break... people who complain about the language barrier. You are in THEIR country so why dont YOU take some Spanish lessons if it bothers you so bad.
CLEANEST resort we've ever been to... EVER EVER EVER.
Lots of excursions to choose from if you chose to leave the resort. We went to Puerto Plata and cable car up mountain. Cable car was amazing and you see entire Puerto Plata, Sosua.
Scenery is fantastic, beach smaller in front of Bachata, but again (its called walking) 2 minutes to merengue or Mambo to bigger beach. Not that far people!
Shows about the same as other resorts, maybe a bit poorer however its just entertainment ... you didnt spend $150 for theatre tickets on Broadway.
Animation staff great. Not annoying but do like to try and get people involved. Lots of things to do during the day if you check the animation board!
I think people get into a vacation mold and go away "wanting" too much. Relax ... vacation ... take it for what it is. Enjoy the people you are with and be happy you can afford to get away as so many people can't.
I would rate this hotel a 4* rather than 5*. I would recommend Riu Bachata if you like Puerto Plata area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the beach in Maimon Bay * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Inside the Riu Resort, along with ClubHotels Riu Merengue and Riu Mambo * Main building plus 1 and 2-story bungalows * Surrounded by 50,000 m2 of tropical gardens * 9 km / 5.5 miles from Puerto Plata * 25 m / 81 ft. from Caribbean Street * 25 km / 15.5 miles from Puerto Plata Intl. Airport * 500 m / 1650 ft. from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Bachata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Bachata Puerto Plata
- Riu Bachata Dominican Republic
- Riu Puerto Plata
- Bachata Riu
- Club Hotel Riu Bachata