“Absolutely Beautiful, can't wait to return!”
RELAX IN OUR BACKYARD FACING THE OCEAN
Drinks on our porch facing the ocean Our front yard
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
RELAX IN OUR BACKYARD FACING THE OCEAN
Drinks on our porch facing the ocean
Our front yard
Our street
View from porch watch the local fishermen
Our backyard facing the beach. injoy lounging in our backyard facing the ocean
VIEW FROM OUR BACKYARD
BEACH STRIP ADJACENT TO OUR HOUSE
Master bedroom. Watch the beautiful senset and sunrise
View of Ocean from master bedroom
Another View from master bedroom
bedrrom with Queen bed facing ocean with ocean view
BEDROOM WITH TWIN BEDS
small bedroom with single bed
our living room facing the ocean with a view
Living room
Our fully equipped kitchen
THE COURTYARD
Gated entrance to Costambar
LOS MANGOS GOLF COURSE A 15 MINUTE WALK FROM OUR HOUSE
LOS MANGOS COUNTRY CLUB AND WELLNESS CENTER A 15 MINUTE WALK FROM OUR HOUSE
The pool at the country club
A beautiful walk in Costambar
A beautiful walk in Costambar
A beach restaurant
Eating at a beach restaurnt in Costambar
view of our beautiful beach
THE BEACH AT NIGHT
THE BEACH
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dani02237...
Three Rivers, Michigan
“Absolutely Beautiful, can't wait to return!”
Reviewed July 21, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Thank you for everything Allen! Your communication and attention to detail were fantastic. I cannot wait to return to your beautiful property!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
GracieLen...
New York City, New York
“Relaxing Villa on the beach”
Reviewed April 5, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This is not my first time staying at this relaxing Villa. I decided to come back for another r&r beach vacation because my first time was so easy. The Villa is very roomy with 4 bedrooms and bathrooms. When you walk in the beautiful view of the water is right in front of you. You can enjoy the porch and backyard if you are too lazy to take the 10 minute walk to the beach. The house is kept very clean and has all of the basics that you would need: dishes, utensils, pots and pans, toaster, microwave, towels for beach and bath, tv, a/c, soap, washer/dryer...and the owner and Xedro, the caretaker, are very helpful.
I stayed close to home this time, which is easy to do. Again, everything you need is in the community. I did venture out to the Teleferico which was really fun. The cable car goes pretty high and was a bit scary, but the view from the top of the mountain is an almost 360 view. The gardens up there are very pretty. I took a taxi there from the Costambar taxi stand. He picked me up at the Villa and came back to get me at the Teleferico at our agreed upon time and drove me home. I payed at the return trip.
Locally, I would recommend the Catamaran Restaurant on the beach. It is at the end of the beach road. And for a change of beach pace lounging at the pool at the Los Mangos Golf club was great. This time, I also indulged in a massage at the spa there, which was also very relaxing.

Families with young children
Apr 6, 2016
I am always happy when my client loves my house enough to return. I am glad that you enjoyed to day trip to the cable car and the beautiful views and gardens. Hopefully when you return again you will experience the additional day trips that I recommended. The North coast is so beautiful. I am also happy to hear that my house met your expectations. This year we added air conditioning to all the bedrooms and of course our ocean views are fabulous.
I hope to rent to you again in the near future
817Rachel...
San Diego, California
“Extremely satisfied repeat customer!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This is my second stay at this lovely property; I enjoyed it so much last year that I jumped on the opportunity to come back…it didn't disappoint!!

There are no major changes to speak of; the ocean is still beautiful and just beyond the backyard...literally. You're a few minutes' walk to a beautiful, laid back (expansive) beach where $2 (US) buys you a cushioned lounge chair (and side table) for the day. You'll be among locals, ex-pats and tourists alike. The house has the same comforts I remembered: sun-filled yard with numerous lounge chairs, fabulous ocean breeze, covered patio, TV, (free) wifi, microwave, full-size refrigerator, A/C, plenty of hot water and a driveway among other things.

There are many restaurants ON THE BEACH and within walking distance of the house. Enjoying a pina colada and lunch/dinner with the waves rolling in nearby was as surreal and enjoyable the last day of my visit as the first.

Isidro stopped by daily to assure that I was enjoying my stay; housekeeping is provided twice/wk. Clean linens and towels (for beach and bath) are provided.

This community is very residential. Like any other community there are some vacant structures among the lovely homes and beautiful views. You won't find any Hiltons, Marriotts or other recognizable hotels in the area and if you're like me, you'll love seeing roosters, chickens and horses nicely cared for on local properties (but some people may not). For me, that continues to be one of Costambar's many appealing qualities. It is a quiet neighborhood and, like last year, I felt very safe walking around including after sundown. Note that you may wish to leave the local area if you’re looking to do more than play golf or lie on the beach. Easy to do if you rent a car or taxi (the taxi stand is in the community) which, like most everything in the Dominican Republic, is very inexpensive.

Allen, the homeowner, is (still) a pleasure to work with; he responds quickly, offers a fair rate and is eager to offer suggestions for dining and entertainment. Please see my previous review (2015) for additional info.

Buena suerte!!

Liked best: Location, location, location
Liked least: having to leave...
Large groups
Elyse R
New York City, New York
“Best Ocean Breeze”
Reviewed July 5, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

When we booked a trip to the caribbean for June we hadn't thought of the heat. This was a non issue for this great home. The cross breeze going through the home was the best. We were never hot. All the bedrooms have air conditioning and each works really well. The house itself is very spacious and fully equipt with linens, towels, all kitchen items you could need and they have even thought to keep sunblock and bug spray in the house in case you forget. We made plans ahead of time for transportation from the Puerto Plata airport. The driver was recommended to us from Allen and he couldn't have been nicer. Although he is not an official tour guide he knows everyone and everything in tihs part of the DR. We did rent a car for the later part of the trip. I only recommend renting a car after you have been out a few times and got the lay of the land and definitely get the GPS. Jennys is the market in Costambar which will get you the basics. La Sirena is a walmart like store which has the most options. We discovered the store once we had the rent a car and will be making this our first stop during our next visit.
Every day we took a morning walk around the neighborhood. It is beautiful. First we walked along the beach and then weaved in and out of all the streets to admire the architecture and landscapes of the homes. We also saw roosters and horses on all our walks. We had breakfast at home and then ventured out for lunch and dinner. We went to some of the restaurants Allen recommended and they were all great. A few nights we stayed in costambar and enjoyed the local restaurants. Out of Costambar Tres Cocos was by far my favorite and for authentic dominican food go to the mofungo king in sosua on the beach. You won't be disappointed.
Last but not least is Isidro the property manager. Isidro came by every day to check on us and make sure everything was going smoothly. He is such a kind man and since we have never had a vacation like this where we rented a home for the week, he made us feel comfortable and at home.
For those who like to keep their options open this charming vacation renatal is a great choice if you like to be on tyour own schedule.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was better then expected.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Jul 9, 2015
Hi Elyse. I am so happy that you enjoyed your vacation stay at our beautiful house in Costambar. Although we do have wonderful breezes off of the ocean, this year we did install air conditioners in all bedrooms for the very few times when the humidity is high. As you pointed out, the breezes really allow for comfort all year round. My staff, both Isidro and Maria-Elena have been with me for many years and they take great pride in providing excellent services to our clients.
I am looking forward to renting to you in the near future.
817Rachel...
San Diego, California
“A relaxing ocean-front paradise”
Reviewed March 21, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I recently returned from a week-long paradise at Allen’s ocean-front home. It was beautiful. It is a very spacious house with all of the comforts of home including but not limited to: large bedrooms (2 that look out to the ocean), satellite TV, complimentary WIFI, telephone, roomy kitchen, and air conditioning. Every day started as you’d expect in a tropical paradise: morning coffee on the back patio while enjoying ocean breezes and taking in the view. THAT VIEW!!
Isidro will stop by daily to assure you're enjoying your stay at the house; he couldn’t be nicer. As a further indulgence, Maria-Elena will come by twice (per 1 week visit) to thoroughly clean the house. These services come at no extra cost, but tipping is appreciated (Allen was happy to offer us guidance as to how much we should give). There are plenty of clean linens and towels, the latter which come in handy after enjoying a hot shower in one of the 4 full bathrooms.
With an abundance of restaurants nearby, there is no need to leave the local area. It was lovely to spend days on end walking around the neighborhood and enjoying the local hospitality, not to mention the beaches which are only a minute’s walk from your front door. Having a rental car did come in handy, however, as there is plenty to explore outside of Costambar. The house has a driveway that can easily accommodate two vehicles.
Regardless of the time of day, I always felt safe and found the local residents to be pleasant and likeable. Knowing some Spanish proved helpful though is not required.
This was my first trip to the Dominican Republic and I wouldn't hesitate recommending this home to family and friends. Thanks to my wonderful experience, I'm already looking forward to returning!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, location, location
Liked least: I couldn't stay longer
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Mar 22, 2015
I am so happy that you had such a wonderful experience renting my house in Costambar, Dominican Republic. My staff and I work very hard to insure that our clients are comfortable in our home and that they enjoy their vacation. Although Costambar provides all the amenities of a resort without the hassle of crowded hotels and "touristy" areas we recommend that our clients see the nearby areas of the North coast. We provide recommended day trips and we can arrange for transportation or you can rent a car. I am looking forward to renting to yu in the near future
Steve S
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, Quiet Getaway”
Reviewed February 1, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The villa was spacious, comfortable, and right on the beach. We really enjoyed staying here. Isidro the property manager arranged to our transfer from Santiago airport, then met us and made sure we were settled. He was helpful and available if we had any questions. Marie Elena the housekeeper did a great job and came twice during the week.

The owner did warn us that Costambar is a quiet neighborhood, which made it very nice for sleeping. Most of the people we saw and met are retired. It is a bit remote for activities, but we made what I felt to be fair arrangements with the local taxi stand drivers to go into Puerto Plata and Sosua.

The water was great, the beach just a few minutes from the house very inviting. We swam and snorkeled here every day.

Liked best: Proximity to the water / beach
Liked least: Distance to other activities
Older travelers
Feb 1, 2015
I am very pleased that your party of 4 persons were comfortable in our house and that you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from our villa. What makes our house a very enjoyable vacation experience is the fact that our community is not a "tourist trap" and yet our community provides all the amenities for a great vacation including the beautiful beach. For persons like you who want to explore the beauty of the North Coast there are many day trips and other activities within in a short drive from our community.
I_travel...
Virginia
“Relaxing getaway”
Reviewed January 8, 2015 for a stay in November 2014

We were very pleased with our experience. This is a very nice, quiet rental in the Costambar community near Puerto Plata. Our family stayed here over a week and really enjoyed it. Highlights of the rental include: fully equipped kitchen, bug screens on the windows, power inverter, water pump (good water pressure), continual water supply, hot water heater, air conditioning unit (master bedroom/bathroom only), 4 bedrooms & 4 bathrooms, peaceful location within easy walking distance to the beach. We tried two of the restaurants the owner recommended and enjoyed them both (Sole Mio and El Carey). This rental also has a parking space for two vehicles. The house was very clean and had a nice supply of both shower towels and beach towels. The master bed was very comfortable. This rental was just as described. Would stay here again if we return to the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Clean, quiet, spacious, location
Traveling group: Extended Family
Jan 8, 2015
My staff and I take pride in providing the extras that make renting our house special such as extra towels for the beach, good water pressure and back up power. As you stated in your review these amenities added to your comfort. I am sure that you also enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from our house and the quaintness and peacefulness of our seaside community of Costambar. I am looking forward to renting to you and your family in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing