We read up on this hotel before we booked it and were a little sceptical but have to say it was fantastic and a wonderful relaxing experience.The sea,beach,resort and pools are fab.The staff really make your holiday.They are most friendliest genuinue people who will do anything to make you welcome.Especially the cleaners,bar staff and michael Jackson, Usher, Hector-Miguel Angel Diaz and Danny boy and mosquito who dresses as an aborigini at night and does a fire show at the beach party.The security guards who guard you at night appreciate a cigarette and a coke from your fridge, they do a good job so before you go out at night take one to them they are soooo grateful.We did enjoy the food to start with but it does wear thin and you crave a good curry!Take immodium you will need it.We arent sure whether it was the food or just the mineral change in water but most people we talked to had diorreah.A few people did get bitten at night whilst in their rooms and we think it was sea fleas in the beds although dont know for sure as they did not look like mosquito bites.They do fumigate your room but take antihistamine tablets and a Benadryl for bites.Jungle Formula coverage before you go out a night is a must from mosquito bites.Definately dine in the gourmet restaurant.Steaks are gorgeous.Mexican and Brazilian werent good.We stayed in sea view rooms and it is well worth the upgrade.We peeped at the older rooms and they are really dated ours was modern,jet bath and spacious.We agree that large groups of locals do take over at weekends and can be rude but it is their country and have every right to enjoy themselves.We were lucky enough to have met a local guy and his family who live in glasgow now who took us to his village and believe me the Dominican people are the lovliest friendliest non racist people we have met.They can not do anything more to welcome us.DO NOT PURCHASE TRIPS with people on the beach!!
After reading on here, We booked a fishing trip that was so dangerous and had to abandon after 2 hours for fear of our lives.It was an old tug boat that was full of fumes and made us sick.We actually feared for our lives as the sea was so rough and like the film Perfect Storm but could not get a refund.However we booked Ocean World through Raphael at the hotel and it was amazing and we were insured.Visit Ocean World.It is an amazing place.Go to the aviary section and feed the love birds it will be an experience you have never had in your life! Be warned..PURE the nightclub off site is full of prostitutes and pimps whilst this was an experience and no one bothers you it is slightly intimidating.The prostitutes also come into the hotel and you will see the older man lavishing these girls at the next table!
We took Malaria tablets as directed but soon abandoned them as they made us so ill.Everyone we spoke to had the same experience.The lifestyle staff will try every day to sell you their time shares.We know people who went to see the resort and whilst they enjoyed seeing the luxurious lifestyle they were bombarded!!if you have resilience it is worth going but if you are tempted to part with thousands.. dont go.The local drink 151 rum is lethal it is so strong consume with caution.You will get sellers up and down the beach trying to braid your hair or sell you coconut.Just say no.Remember this is a third world country and they are in poverty more than this country will hopefully ever know.These people are just trying to make a living.We are the lucky ones lying on their beaches!! have fun guys we will definately be going back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata