I stayed from Sept 9 - 23 with First Choice from London and it was amazing!I'm really happy I didn't read the lots of negative comments before booking. Few days before flight I checked the reviews and I scared.
First day we had a ground floor room witch yes, was moldy, rusty nothing was working but we just had to ask the travel advisor and they resolved this quickly.After we got a very nice ocean view room for no extra money and from that time we had no problems.They clean properly no complaints and the lady was extremly friendly.
I think the food was delicious!!!!We always found something to eat and the problem was we couldn't try everything because it was a lot.The dinner was different scheme each night and it was never boring.For me the best was the Gourmet Restaurant they have very good food.Oh and the drinks...yummy!!They have many kind of coctails and all is high quality and delicious!
The entertainment was outstanding.We found a few good friends there,For example Danny, Hektor and Miguel Angel they always made us smile and always came to play table tennis or pool with us.And the day time activities were really good it was so much fun and was always something to do!However the night shows were a bit boring for me they have to practice more but we had great nights.
I can't tell much about the Pool as I spent the rest of my time at the beach but at that few times when I was there it was clean.The beach side is very nice but a bit dirty lots of people don't care about anything and even they have a few bins there they just leave the cups and plates in the sand.
About the locals.I was worry because saw that few bad experience in here and yes I have to say they can be annoying.The kids usually shouting and running and the rest of the parents don't care.But for me was ok because they staying mostly at the pool so on the beach it was still fine.And aside from this most of them are very friendly people.
Overall I think it's a good hotel for your money.I would go back again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata