We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens 12 and 15). We were there the first week of August 2013 and had a good time. In Québec, this hotel is unofficially marketed as more oriented towards couples and families with somewhat older children (8 yo +).
1) The staff is really super friendly, remarkably more than in many hotels or resorts.
2) The food is of good quality in general. Buffet restaurant is good but not great. Mexican restaurant is very decent. Brazilian restaurant is very good (not too far from original brazilian churrascarias). Gourmet restaurant is absolutely excellent!
3) There is a good selection of activities to please couples and families.
1) The ubnoxious presence of the Lifestyle Vacation timeshare company, with their salesmen spying on every couples and families and using outdated aggressive sale strategies (from playing good guy to shamelessly telling [--] lies just to ambush people into visiting a supposedly "sister" property). Piece of advice: Avoid those guys with a white shirt marked "Tell it only to your best friend"!!!
2) The proportion of locals during the weekend is just overwhelming. And they're not the best brought up people: constantly cutting lines, screaming at their kids, making a mess with drinks in the pool. The only kids < 3-4 yo you'll see are the locals'.
Our overall rating: 3/5. Ok for the price (4000 C$ including transportation from Montréal).More