“Married At Be Live”

Be Live Collection Marien
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We planned our destination wedding at Be Live and had 44 guests attend. We stayed April 8-15, 2013 and had the wedding April 11, 2013. The wedding was better than what I expected. To brought some of my own decorations (table runners and centerpieces) for the reception to save on some money and to make the wedding more my style. I handed the decorations over to Audry, the wedding planner when we arrived and she took care of everything! I emailed pictures of what I liked for flowers and cake and gave Audry our budget and we got more than we expected! The cake turned out nicer than what I asked for, and the flowers were perfect!
There was no hidden fees related to the wedding. Some resorts charge extra for coloured chair ties, microphone and podium, or other extras. These were all included in the package price. We brought our own photographer and did not have to pay any vendor fees. They were happy to accommodate everything I asked for.
The reception was a bbq buffet and the best meal we had all week. Bar service was great, they made sure everyone had drinks. The dj played our playlist for the first of the night, then took over and played a great seletion of English and Carribean music. The dj and Bar service were only 5 hours, but when the reception was done we had everyone to the disco to continue the party.
We were in building 9 (requested before we arrived), it is newer and very nice. Our minifridge was well stocked and we always had extra bottled water in our room. We used our safe in the room, and we were able to set the key code ourselves.We often forgot and left ipods, money and computer out in our room and it was completely safe.
In our group we had new travellers and guests that have been to other all-inclusives and everyone was impressed. The entertainment team made sure everyone had a good time. Hector got to know everyone and made sure we all had a good time.
I knew that locals stayed at the resort on the weekend, so suggested my guests go on excursions on Saturday, and many of us did. The resort was busier on Friday and Saturday but it wasn't overcrowded.
We really enjoyed our week and wedding hope to return to this resort again!

1  Thank McKinney83
Be Live G, Gerente at Be Live Collection Marien, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Mr. /Mrs.:

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us, through this web site. Thank you for your selection, for coming to celebrate your wedding at the Be Live Grand Marien.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your wedding, we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of service excellence.

Please rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel, especially to Hector from animation department and Audry the wedding coordinator.
Please receive our warm regards, has been a pleasure to serve you and family.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were there for 7 days and it was so wonderful I hated to leave. I had been to punta cana 2yrs earlier for another wedding but found this one soooo much nicer. The resort was well maintained by gardeners, easy access to all areas disco, stores, bars and restaurants. It was great to have the later evening snack bar before settling in for the night. I found the staff to be so friendly and attentive. Of course there was some communication problems but managed to work it out. All your staff we great getting us to participate in pool activities and made it alot of fun. One staff in particular, Hector, was so full of energy he kept us all going and laughing. I liked knowing there were Security guards around especially at night. The food was fantastic and endless and the wedding reception was set up to perfection with lots of attentive staff.
The only complaint I would have is there could be more umbrellas around the pool and the pool should be cleaned of dirt and debris. Thanks for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter with ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr./Mrs.:

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel, specially to Hector.

We thank you for your kindness comments, wish are very important for us, since they helps us to improve on our services.

Please receive our warm regards from Dominican Republic, has been a pleasure to serve you and family.

Your comments for the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from February 15,2013 through the 21st of the same month because my wife and i decided to have a destination wedding and some of her family members recommended this particular hotel. The wedding turned out good considering but no thanks to the hotel, which did not provide anything towards the wedding other than the food, some Water down drinks and a deejay that spent all night drinking and not playing anything of what we wanted. The coordinator of events all she was doing was harassing me for the payment for the wedding all day on the wedding day even though I explained to her that when all the guess arrived and everything is taken care of she was going to receive the payment since I did not want to overpay for guess that might not show up which i ended up doing since she ask me to pay right before the wedding and Never got my money back that she charged extra. Food for the wedding was bland but the food through out our stayed was really good which to us it made no sense since we paid $3800 basically for the food and the deejay( 65 dollars per guess without including the price of them staying in the hotel) if it weren't for my aunt who decorated the whole wedding and which I had to get everything else at my own cost to make it look as good as it did it was going to be a disaster. That's why I do not recommend this hotel for weddings ,they are not equipped for them.
Everything else was great for me , the rest of the staff was real good to us, the food was a lot better on the gourmet restaurants, the food on the Mexican restaurant and the buffet were our favorites.
The nightly shows were cool, there was this entertainer called sexy belly, he was hilarious.
The room we stayed in (8119) was very spacious,nice and clean. The lady that cleaned our room was really nice and always decorated the bed with towel designs and petals.
It has a nice pool area although i of liked it even more if it would of have the bar in it instead of outside of it like other hotels I have been to, would of save me some trips jejejej.
The beach is alright, not one of the best the Dominican Republic has to offer but alright. i have been to a lot better in the Dominican Republic like in Punta Cana and places in the south of the country.

I can't downgrade the overall experience just because of that one representative the event coordinator Audrey, although she was nice at times but it seems to be only when she wanted to charge us for something. Anyways I recommend this hotel if you want to have a nice relaxing time, nice overall service, nice pool, food and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed at this resort as part of a wedding group of 40 + people from april 8 - 15, it was the best time ever. The resort was laid out so we could all be near each other. We laughed and danced and drank and played non stop. With the help of HECTOR who was so friendly and got people to join in the games, arobics, Mr Sexy, Drinking Contest, Frizbee, Swimming Contest, Mr Be Live and many more, without his enthusiasm and friendliness we might not have signed up and had so much fun. The food was better than Cuba. No one bothered you to buy stuff. We did the ATV excursion which was fun, but very dry and dusty but worth the price if you took 2 in a dune buggy. Would defintely go back - we never laughed so hard in our life. If you want a destination wedding this is the place. The conference centre buffet and atomosphere was just like home. It was the best vacation ever.

Room Tip: We had main floor in bulding 4 and all our stuff was very damp and musty smelling even now that its...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Car0lFrancis
Reviewed April 16, 2013

i stayed at be live from april 8-15 as part of a wedding group from Canada. Since booking several months ago I have been reading all the reviews on this site and was rather nervous based on the number of bad reviews. However, I do not understand why anyone would have anything bad to say about this resort. Everyone in our group of 45 ppl had a great time and great things to say. the staff are very friendly and helpful, the entertaintment staff are hilarious and very hard working. The rooms and the grounds are kept very clean and there is lots of food to choose from in the buffet and I enjoyed everything I ate, and I am a picky eater. The a la carte restuarants are fab. I liked the mexican and brazilian the best. The resort is small which makes it easy to get around. it is very quiet during the week and easy to get loungers near the pool and beach. The locals do come in on the weekend but did not cause any sort of problems and was not unpleasant at all. Actually made the entertianment on the weekend nights even more fun! Dominicans are such nice hardworking people. I have never met a friendlier culture. We did the waterfall excusion which was fun and good value for the price.The resort is a solid 4 star and I would/will definately return again. Thanks to all the staff who worked hard to make our stay and the wedding so memorable!

Room Tip: we had a 3 floor ocean view room in building 4. All of the buildings are conveintly located.
1  Thank Meghan C
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would like to start off by saying that I was a bit hesitant about going to the resort after seeing some of the previous reviews that were posted here. I am happy to say though that the resort exceeded my expectations and I had a fabulous time. I went with a large group for a week long destination wedding. Check in was easy, the resort was exceptionally clean and all the staff were very helpful and friendly. The entertainment staff in particular were phenomenal! They work long hours and are ALWAYS energetic and deserve a raise! My favorites were Hector and Denzel Washington, always a good laugh! The resort itself was very easy to get around and everything was fairly central to the pool area and did not take long to get back and forth from the rooms, beach, lobby or buffet and restaurants. As far as the food goes it is typical resort buffet options. The breads were fresh every day and there were lots of meal options, but it did get a bit tiring by the end of the week. The water is all purified for drinking and the resort washes the fruit and vegetables etc. all in purified water as well so no one on our trip got sick, which was nice. Our room was very clean and did not smell moldy or musty. We were in building 4 on the 3rd floor and had an ocean view. The rooms are cleaned daily but it really varies each day when it will be cleaned. It may be helpful to ask for or bring an extra towel to have on hand as they take the towels before they replace them. There were 3 of us in our room and asked for extra towels daily as well as extra water and it did not seem to be a problem. The only complaint I have is that it was somewhat difficult to exchange money. I had Canadian and did not exchange it before i went, which was a mistake. At the resort we found they usually preferred American dollars but would not exchange Canadian to American. We were able to get Pesos, but would have been easier if we had American instead. Overall, I would recommend Be Live as a great resort and would definitely go back. Don't listen to the people who give it bad reviews, it's a great resort!

1  Thank AngieLucy
Be Live G, Gerente at Be Live Collection Marien, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Mrs. Angie Lucy :

Please receive our best regards from the Dominican Republic. At first we would like to thank you for having selected our Hotel Be Live Grand Marien for you vacations in the Dominican Republic. Also we want to express our gratitude for sharing your nicest comments about your recent stay with us, thank you for having written through this web site!!!

In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

We greatly appreciate your comments about our facilities and learn that you have enjoyed with us is really good news, you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the various Departments of the Hotel.

We also appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

For us, will be more than a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the grand marien March 25-April 1st. My first impression was excellent. Check in was fast and went very smoothly. No our room wasn't ready but our flight was in a bit earlier in the day so that was expect. We enjoyed the beach until it was ready.

Room
Was very clean. Our fridge didn't worked when we first got there and we didn't have any bottled water but we called the front desk and someone was down quickly. The fridge that was replaced didn't work either. We decided not to worry about it. We stayed in building 8 and I think this is one of the more renovated buildings. We did have a lt of Mosquitos in our room. One morning I woke up to around 67 bites on one leg. If you want a hot shower you need to get up early. Through out the day the water is warm and hardly any pressure.

We choose this resort for the unlimited access to a la Cartes. Funny they aren't really unlimited. You can book 3 in advance (and I suggest you do when you get there) after that you must go the day of to see if there is room. For us there often wasn't. I found the buffets to be ok at best. Not a huge selection and flavor was lacking. I often settled for pasta as the over choices never looked or tasted good. Beach buffet often never had food at all and when it did it never seemed to be fresh. A la carts were better but not great. We liked the gourmet the best.

Pool
Very nice large pool, no swim up bar.

Beach
It's alright, you can always find a chair which was nice. The water was pretty rough every day we were there but since it rained 4 days straight, when we finally saw the sun we didn't care how rough the water was. There are vendors on the beAch, if you just tell them no thanks they leave you alone. About a 5 to 10 min walk down the beach there is a market. Go at your own risk as they will not leave you alone once you get there.

Entertainment staff
I have seen much better at other resorts. They don't look as if they work or try very hard. Nightly shows are a complete joke. But we always went for a good laugh. We even joined in one night one the couples show. We had a blast that night.

Disco
Open weird hours but we enjoyed our time there. This was also the best place to get a drink on the entire resort.

Drinks/bars
Drinks were always way to strong and often my enjoyable. They are overly sweet. I have had much better in Mexico. Staff was very friendly and service was always good. Again best bar is in the disco area.

Over all

We found there were hardly any English speaking people on this resort. So it was hard to meet anyone. This could just be the time we went. It did rain a lot and I found there wasn't much to offer when it did. I found the resort clean and well maintained. Staff was mostly very friendly, I couldn't say the same about the people at the resort. Lots of rude/disrespectful people here. I couldn't get over it. Again not the resorts fault.

Overall even with 4 days of full rain we made the best of our trip, however I don't think we would return.

Please make sure you tip, we saw so many people that didn't.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Mr. /Mrs.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Be Live Grand Marien for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience through this web site.
In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process.

We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experienced during your stay; your comments for the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

We would also like to have a second opportunity to welcome you at the hotel.

The management