We planned our destination wedding at Be Live and had 44 guests attend. We stayed April 8-15, 2013 and had the wedding April 11, 2013. The wedding was better than what I expected. To brought some of my own decorations (table runners and centerpieces) for the reception to save on some money and to make the wedding more my style. I handed the decorations over to Audry, the wedding planner when we arrived and she took care of everything! I emailed pictures of what I liked for flowers and cake and gave Audry our budget and we got more than we expected! The cake turned out nicer than what I asked for, and the flowers were perfect!
There was no hidden fees related to the wedding. Some resorts charge extra for coloured chair ties, microphone and podium, or other extras. These were all included in the package price. We brought our own photographer and did not have to pay any vendor fees. They were happy to accommodate everything I asked for.
The reception was a bbq buffet and the best meal we had all week. Bar service was great, they made sure everyone had drinks. The dj played our playlist for the first of the night, then took over and played a great seletion of English and Carribean music. The dj and Bar service were only 5 hours, but when the reception was done we had everyone to the disco to continue the party.
We were in building 9 (requested before we arrived), it is newer and very nice. Our minifridge was well stocked and we always had extra bottled water in our room. We used our safe in the room, and we were able to set the key code ourselves.We often forgot and left ipods, money and computer out in our room and it was completely safe.
In our group we had new travellers and guests that have been to other all-inclusives and everyone was impressed. The entertainment team made sure everyone had a good time. Hector got to know everyone and made sure we all had a good time.
I knew that locals stayed at the resort on the weekend, so suggested my guests go on excursions on Saturday, and many of us did. The resort was busier on Friday and Saturday but it wasn't overcrowded.
We really enjoyed our week and wedding hope to return to this resort again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata