Yes I have reviewed before, and unfortunately they only let me review every 3 months. I have been to the Marien 5 times within the last year. April 2012, July 2012, September 2012, Christmas 2012 and New Years 2013 , and again in Feb/March 2013. If you are on facebook please join my group Be Live Grand Marien Puerto Plata for more information or to ask me any questions.
Christmas and New Years was absolutely beautiful I would recommend it to everyone! The feasts were amazing, animacion worked extra hard over christmas wearing hot santa suits etc.. Lots of activities for the children! (I went with my 3 year old Tyler, who knows and loves all of the animacion and will stay friends for life with many of them) The lights in the city and on the resort made it that much more beautiful. They lit up Puerto Plata for the 2 weeks we stayed from Dec 20th-Jan3rd. New Years was also amazing! The best New Years party I have ever been to and Tyler had an amazing time. I was so happy that night. Live music, they hand out hats and noise makers!! There was beautiful fireworks on the beach (one of the longer fireworks displays I have ever seen.) The animacion was happy and fully into Christmas and New Years on the resort even though they were working and not at home with their families.
On to our more recent trip to the Marien from February 22- March 8th. I left my son at home and was happy to come sola. I have actually never felt more safe on any resort and it is so easy to become close and attached to the staff at the hotel. Bartenders, animacion, even maids. I have never had a problem with ANYTHING everrrr being stolen from me in 5 different times at the hotel like other people are saying in their reviews. My problem lies soley in the fact that I do get close to the staff and the staff is changing so much, especially the animacion. So enjoy while you are there but do not get attached to the animacion team. In the last year I have already said goodbye to 4 really close friends. Most of which were a shock to find out that they were gone!!!! Hector (P.Diddy), Cuchy Cuchy, Franklin (dancer), and Carlos (bartender). I was devastated. Lucky I have been able to keep in touch with some.
My favourite part of the Marien is obviously the people. To name a few from animacion, Johnny Lantigua (thank god he is back), Denzel Washington, Flaco (Denawry), Sexy Belly, Sandy, Alberto, Michelle, Angie, Patricia, Michael Jackson, Rosa, Mosquito, Luis, Chamo, Victor, Veronica, Sophie, & Pikachu.
The food on the resort is amazing. I am just sick of it. Eating the same things for 2 weeks every 2 months gets tiresome I feel bad for those that work there. Other than that it is amazing, and I love Santo Domingo Coffee. I still looked forward to the fruit smoothies and breakfast in the morning. You will love the food. I just wish they would change it more for the returning customers sake. (Or maybe I should just stop going so often. haha)
The pool is much better in the winter than in the summer, in the summer it feels like jumping into a big pool of urine.. but hopefully they can try to do something about that because I am thinking of returning in the summer..... maybe.....
I stay in one of the old buildings every time I request building 4 or 5 and I find them wonderful! I met a girl who stayed in the suite in bulding 9 and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! The difference between the rooms is huge but it depends on your taste, and if you need a double room, you will be in the older buildings so try to request a view. I spend a lot of time on my balcony if I was ever in the room, with a view of the pool!. I was never in my room only to change (Not even to sleep) and store my things. So my maids didnt have to do much but as I said they have never touched anything!!! They are not stupid! The security at the hotel is actually rediculous. The staff who comes in and out of the hotel are practically strip searched before coming or going! Especially at night! So whoever says the staff stole their things or money are being rediculous! Or jumping to conclusions!
In conclusion it is a wonderful hotel and I cant say anything bad about it! You will love it! As I said before I started a group on facebook for the hotel with many regular visitors and the staff as members! Thats how much I love the place it will always be my home away from home! Search Be Live Grand Marien Puerto Plata on facebook!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata