I went with a group of 11 people and after a long trip the agents at reception were very quick and friendly with check in. Eucenio Nunez, (i believe that's how you spell it), the bellman was wonderful! He assisted us through out the entire stay. The food was great, areas were very clean. Some rooms were more modern than others, and very spacious. We received 2 complimentary upgrades to suites, and the rooms were marvelous, with 1 bathroom stand up shower, and another bathroom with standup shower and jacuzzi. I love that everything is within 5 mins walking distance, beach, to food, to pool, if anything less time. They also have a childrens clubhouse with their own pool, 2ft. Comes in handy when you want to keep the kids together. The entire stay was great.
Day of departure they slip a letter under your door stating that check out is at 12 and after that they automatically charge $40. We did the check out at 12, with a veryyy long line. I asked them if there was anything else to do and agent stated no, just to return the towels at 3pm.
The negative would be that you receive casino keys upon check in in order to get your towels. I had to walk back to my room to get it. Then when you return your towel they give you a RANDOM key that they had in their hands already, and when you go to reception, and hand it in they don't take your room number or anything, so what was the point of making me do all of that?
Here's where it gets better, my cousin had previously been here and they never made a big deal out of taking off the wrist bracelets, but this time the guards made it a HUGE DEAL that reception cut it off for us(we had already checked out), they made us turn the cars around and walk back to reception. On top of that with 11 people we were all confused and we were never informed by an agent that we needed a white slip/card that says our room numbers, we are to hand those over to the guardmen at the exit. When one of the family members went to do so, he handed it over to one of the bellman because once again the agent didnt inform him that it goes to the guardsman. I am making all of this short but it lasted a good 15 minutes, arguing, confusion, guardsman even called us ignorant, their supervisor was unprofessional. This last part left me disappointed. I am a supervisor at a hotel and I have so many other ways this could have been aproached, resolved or even prevented. Some training for the guardsman, and a faster check out, or even express check out would be great. Or different procedure for a huge group.
Other than that the stay itself was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata