I have been to the Caribbean 10 times just in the past three years and never found it necessary to write a review, simply because I did not feel I had anything of substance to add. In the last three years I have stayed in all-inclusives in the DR and Jamaica, some of which include Breezes, Riu, Grand Bahai Principe, Blue Bay Villas Dorados, Grand Palladium, etc. All of these hotels had their good and bad points, but overall very good and I would be happy to return to any of them and in fact have. Now I am sitting in the lobby of the Be Live Grand Marien in Puerto Plata awaiting transportation to the airport. Shamefully, this is a beautiful resort with loads of potential and a great group of staff, yet lacking in ways by which they could not pay me to return unless there was a complete change of management. Some of the good points a those that are common to the vast majority of all-inclusives. For example, the beach was a beach, the rooms were cleaned daily and well, mini bar was there, pool area is nice, as are the grounds. All of that said, the monumental reason to avoid this hotel s because of the food. It is absolutely terrible. Your meal times will quickly (first day) become a negative experience that you will actually dread. If you knew me you would know that I am NOT a fussy eater in any way. However the food was really bad, the selection was small and the buffet was obviously understaffed. The desserts were pathetic. Are you familiar with these log cakes you buy at your local grocery store (that most people do not buy anymore/)? Well that is their idea do a good dessert and a few choices of flan. In order to feel comfortable in writing this review I solicited the opinions of more than 20 other guests and all had the same opinion where the food was concerned (garbage, incredibly bad, no choices, crappy, etc.) I could go in longer and describe the unchewable rubber pork steak they served last night, but I think you get the point! If you would like more details feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata