This is a really late review, my husband and I were at Be Live in February, 2012. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it rained five out of the seven days we were there, but the staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone stayed entertained and comfortable in spite of the poor weather. The entertainement staff, Coochie Coochie and Denzel W. spring back to mind, asked our names at the beginning of the week and remembered it throughout. It made us feel so welcome.
The resort is nice and close to the airport. Check in took a bit, however; the welcome drinks made us not notice that as much. The resort itself is very clean and well kept.
The food and drinks were very good and plentiful. Domestic drinks, but if you'd like more premium alcohol you can purchase it in the gift shop convenience store thingy at the resort...something we didn't realize until our last day there when we were desperately craving a Corona haha.
The service was outstanding. During one of the rainy nights we decided to go with another couple we met at the resort to the other disco off the resort located at the casino about 500 metres away and one of the staff members was kind enough to give us a lift there in a golf cart so that us girls wouldn't ruin our hair and makeup in the rain. Then when we got back to the hotel the same kind gentleman gave us a lift back to our rooms at the other side of the resort. Just another example of the service.
The people at this resort work sooo hard. Long hours and they always were so cheerful and kind. We got a tour guide to take us through puerto plata and it was a real eye opener to some of the poverty in the country. We brought some dollar store gifts for the kids there and their excitement at recieving them was so touching it truly was the highlight of the trip for me.
Brugal rum factory is located right next door to the resort and was very interesting. I've heard the waterfall excursion and the monkey sanctuary were awesome excursions. We were about to go on the gondola, but a cable snapped on it just as it was on its way to us so we high tailed it away from that one in a hurry haha.
The only downfall for me was the constant badgering from the salespeople trying to sell time shares. We felt we almost had to hide from them they were so annoying. Or from people on the beach trying to sell stuff it was a bit much. The only other thing is when we were there on the weekends a lot of Dominicans would come to stay at the resort for the weekend. It was fun in some ways because we'd play games of water polo etc against each other....they'd play the latest in Spanish music and put our dancing skills to shame and they were all up for a good time; however, I think the resort over booked rooms because there were soooooo many people there at the weekend that getting food or seating near the pool or beach was difficult.
I would fully reccomend this resort to anyone. Excellent value and wonderful people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata