Very beautiful resort overlooking the mountains. Service was very friendly and efficient. The beach was great. Lots of chairs and shaded area's if desired. The ocean was calm and wonderfully relaxing. The room was cool and the shower worked well. Jacuzzi in the room was a added bonus. The food was very good. Loved the omelet in the morning as well as the fruit smoothies. I would recommend reserving at the Brazilian restaurant. It was great and probably the best at the resort!! Endless shiskabobs of beef chicken, (excellent seasoning) turkey and pork. The buffet was good. Lots of everything. I gained about 10 pounds there so I'm presently on a diet now. The bar selection was good. Gin and tonic they use Tanqueray gin. I recommend a Caipirinha (rum, crushed lime and lemon juice). Food there was 24 hrs. I did play Texas holdem at the casino as well. Tony was a excellent host. Made you feel right at home. Avoid the caribbean roulette. Its a scam. (on the CIA report). The disco at the casino was full of hookers if you like that then go. They also didn't give change back. Gave them a $20 US for a beer and they said it was a 5 US. I only had 20US in my pocket. Go to the hotel disco. Free booze there.
Also rented a car for $ 35 /day unlimited mileage and went on a road trip up the mountains. The superhighway there is a goat trail. So be prepared to bounce around. You definitely need all wheel drive. We had a toyota rav, I believe and had no problems. Gas isn't cheap there though. We also checked out Cabarete. Very cool place. Wind kite capital. Need to learn how. Looks like a blast. That might be the next destination.
All in all this hotel was an excellent bang for your buck. Its said to be the best resort in Puerto Plata. I can testify to that. Its a definite go to place in the Caribbean. We paid $930 through itravel2000. Its worth it. Up to $1400.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata