“We'll Never Forget This Place!”

Big Lee's Beach Bar
Ranked #1 of 14 Nightlife in Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SPECTACULAR views, great atmosphere. Specialties: Fish & Chips, Burgers & Fries, Hot Dogs and fantastic sandwiches. Enjoy our Oldies Classic Rock music! ONLY LEFT HALF of the Building, please sit on "our side", lol. We speak English here! Come with your friends or come and make new ones!!! Be sure to say you saw us on TripAdvisor! Big Lee
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“We'll Never Forget This Place!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

There's not enough words to describe how amazing Big Lee's is! We have been there several times in our month in Puerto Plata and still can't get enough! Big Lee himself is always there greeting us with a smile, a handshake, and pure professionalism. Excellent place to relax, have delicious food at a great price, and enjoy a good drink by the beach. Big Lee offers everything to accommodate what you need in order to have a fantastic experience.

Can truly say we'll miss Big Lee's Beach Bar!

Kristen and Erica, Canada

Visited June 2013
Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
What a pleasure to meet you, Erica and Kristen, too! And thank you for your kind comments! It is a pleasure for me to meet new people. And it is an honor that long time friends bring in their friends to have a good time and a bite to eat. I look forward to your return!

• Arabic first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Relax, enjoy great food with a sea view!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I discovered Big Lee's whilst looking around for what to do whilst on holiday with my boyfriend in Puerto Plata... saw all the great reviews, thought that this must be good!

Added the beach bar on facebook where I could see all the updates and what not. We let Big Lee know that we were coming down and he made sure he could meet us!

Had a great chat with Lee and we had photos, We also met Lee's beautiful fiance Mariela who has a lovely smile. We enjoyed some rum and cola, with yummy fish and chips! Chips cut and cooked to order.

Later on in the day we met Jennifer, who gives an excellent massage and Candy who is a vendor selling gifts at really good prices - definitely not there to rip you off.

Listen to what everyone says, Big Lee's is a great place to relax, chill - enjoy the beach with friends. Come on down to Big Lee's! Big Lee will be a friend of ours for life, what a warm hearted, welcoming lovely man!

Thanks Lee!

Visited June 2013
What beautiful comments Emily. It was such a pleasure to meet you, spend some time talking and just enjoying the views! Glad I could help you with some tips on life here, lol. Great that you found us from TripAdvisor, clicked on our Facebook page and friended me. What a great way to initially meet ... and then make plans!
Omis, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
“Cool Place”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice location - all the time full of breeze. Good drinks and food (I like beer bottle in the bamboos). Friendly and cheerful people. Big Lee is willing to talk with you and give out some useful tips about Puerto Plata.

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words AND ... thanks so much for the Croatian Flag! I did not have that one ... now it will fly with our other 20. And ... if anyone from around the world would like your flag to fly here at Big Lee's Beach Bar ... we fly 3'x5' flags, we provide the pole and the mounting---Thank you again!
Naples, Florida
“Chilling at Big Lees”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

A great place to chill, relax, enjoy the view and especially the friendly conversation.
I was in Puerto Plata for nine days. I didn't discover Big Lees till the 7th day. However, in those last few days I must have visited Big Lees about six times. Seems there was always a reason to go there. The food is excellent (and reasonably priced). The fish and chips are my favorite. The view is beautiful with a fresh ocean breeze. Perfect for relaxing in the shade of huge Almond trees. It's a great place to stop for a drink, bring friends, or meet new ones - and of course chat with the big guy himself.

Visited June 2013
Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much Jim for stopping by so often. We did have a good time each time you were here. Thank you for the kind comments. I look forward to your return, my friend!
St. John's, Canada
“Big Lee's Beach Bar Puerto Plata”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great place, Big Lee & Mariela are fantastic people. Made us feel very welcome. The food was fantastic, best food I ate on the trip.

Visited May 2013
Big Lee P, Owner at Big Lee's Beach Bar, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Norma so much for your kind comments. I am so glad that you and your friends were convinced to leave the resort, to enjoy the city tourist areas here on the Malecon. Can't wait for your return!