“A Day out from the complex”

Tam Tam Restaurant Puerto Plata
Ranked #73 of 122 Restaurants in Puerto Plata
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tam-Tam cafe has been on the restaurant scene in Puerto Plata for more than a decade.It features a terrasse, a recently renovated dining room, and an upper deck with a fantastic view of the Atlantic Ocean.It has been catering to locals, expats and tourists and the new management, in place since June 2012, wishes to move Tam Tam cafe up to the highest standards of quality and service.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been to the Dom Rep 13 time and make a point of visiting Tam Tam at least 2-3 times over the 2 weeks I am there[ I stay at the RIU complex]. The business has change hands since the last time I was there the new owner Richard is a very pleasant man. And made me and my wife welcome. The Bar is situated on the on the boulevard overlooking the sea. The Staff are very friendly and the food and drinks are reasonably priced. We have got to know a lot of people that live and use Tam Tam.
How do you get there? I order a taxi from reception and negotiate a return trip the driver will drop you off and pick you up at a designated time. For a change of scenery it is well worth a visit just to watch the world go by.

1  Thank coldstreamer

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We went here after the Independence Day Carnival for a margarita. The girl told us it was 520 RD, but after handing her the money she said "no no 900". Nice try!

2  Thank chelsea20437
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great service, great food, I stayed down the malecon at a hotel so I basically lived at the restaurant, From great canadian style breakfast to the finest seafood dishes ,it was great. New owner with english speaking staff, clean washrooms , Give it a try if you are in the area

1  Thank mfayant
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Don't believe the resorts stating it might be unsafe
outside the resorts. They might be just trying to keep your pesos

Take a walk around the nice town.
The area is very safe!

We did and discovered a great place.
Tam Tam has a view of the water
Not on a bustling ,horn honking street

We met Rich the owner, who was very informative and very nice to talk to.
A gentlemen who relocated from Montreal.

The staff was accommodating and friendly.
The place is well maintained and decorated.

The prices are very reasonable!
We paid 120 pesos for the Grande presidente beer.
Over in Caberete at Jose oshays they charged 165 pesos for a regular size beer and pressured you to pay right away even though no one at the bar.

3  Thank 718sullivan
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I dined at the tam tam restaurant quite a few times . The baby lobster tails were really good and you got a plate full . The Canadian owner was a really nice guy and quite approachable . the view over the ocean is second to none .

2  Thank thornhillDewsbury