“Golf”

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Golf”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Nice golf course, however rates are expensive and caddies expect more than they are worth. On my first visit, I was criticized by the caddie, little Leo, after he was given a substantial tip, never used him again!!!!

1 Thank Paul H

• Finnish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“All we want is your money!! And Not cheap!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

So I go there and I'm looking through the pro shop and the girl behind the counter falls asleep.
Then I go and rent clubs and she grunts they are in the back room. I have to go myself and try to put a set together.
The driver I picked broke on my second hole becuase I never noticed it was already cracked, and I had to play the rest of the game without one, because nobody cared to get you another one. Not even the Caddy I was forced to pay for. He asked one person to get one and the guy said no.

2 Thank eesey
East Lansing, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nice day of golf”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Played golf at Playa Dorada Golf Club over the weekend. It is a nice course with some greens next to the beach/ocean. Some great views. Must purchase green fees, rent cart and pay mandatory caddie fee. If you have your own clubs rate is of course reduced. Listen to the advice of the caddie when it comes to putting. On a few fairways you will have a chance to purchase balls from locals who find them. Most are top premium balls for almost nothing. If you are staying at a resort ask them to call and make sure of cost. With rental clubs close to $100. A good diversion if staying at a resort longer than several days. Go very early in morning to get away from the heat.

1 Thank roadglideman
england, uk
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“beautiful”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went for a walk and had drink here nice place friendly staff and beautiful view's. Shame some of the staff didn't speak very good English it was made up by their hospitality.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great course, but beware of the caddies”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We played twice on our vacation, knowing full well that the greens fees were expensive and a $15 caddie fee is required. We expected to tip the caddie, and thought we tipped well enough for a 3.5 hour round ($40 for the foursome). But the caddie expressed his disappointment, because he had to 'correct lots of mistakes we were making'. We gave him more, but it still didn't seem like enough for him. We had a different caddie the second day, and his shake-down was even worse! The course was well maintained and we brought our own clubs, but the caddie experience affected my experience.

1 Thank Kate3726