“had a great time legs are sore”

Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed January 22, 2011

friendly staff Tony Montana, Chris Rock animation club made our holiday so much fun.Sean Kingston bartender sweetest person I have ever met.Great drinks he made me he always has a smile should be head bartender teach others how to smile,miss him already. Tiny little juice bar girl was so sweet I wanted to take her home. She should be at the lobby as a hostess. Food at buffet was amazing best I have ever had.Complaints not enough ashtrays anywhere and the bed was to soft. We did upgrade to waterfront so I expect better beds. There was a lot of up hill walking little hard on the legs.Outside resort no one bothered you.Would I go back YOU BET!!! Had a great time!!!

4  Thank cathiskiw
Write a ReviewReviews (3,897)

Reviewed January 20, 2011

My wife and I have struggled with how to review this resort. And even after staying there, we really aren't sure what its name is: it was “Grand Ambar” to us, it was “Carey” on many of the signs around the resort and it was "Grand Carey" on the letterhead. The only consistent element was the brand, Be Live. Very odd...

The resort itself is very nice, the staff is great and they are reasonably responsive to your requests. The single biggest issue is the adjoining timeshare property which seems to be where senior management's interest is.

THE GOOD:

Since there is a lot of positive here, and a lot of potential, I think we'll start there. This is a new resort (or at least newly renovated and opened), so some leeway is given as they are still working on some things (the relatively minor quibbles at the bottom are easy to overlook in context, but are noted for reference).

The property is gorgeous, all the main buildings have quality thatched roofs and there are at least 6 different pools that I can think of off the top of my head. The property is on the side of a hill and runs from the lobby building down probably the equivalent of 6-8 stories to the beach and ocean. The pools are spread about on multiple levels and generally not insight of one another. This makes the resort feel much more intimate and smaller than it really is. (NOTE: this is not the resort for those with limited or even slightly reduced mobility - there were 99 stair steps between our room and the lobby, and only a few less to the restaurants).

We stayed in one (actually two) of the Jr. Suites, all of which are in new buildings. Apparently the older standard rooms need improvement, but visually our room was very nice. It was huge and uncluttered with wall to wall stone flooring and a very nice bathroom. There was a separate shower and whirlpool tub, double vanity and even the toilet had its own room. There was a smallish flat panel TV mounted on the wall which received about 50 channels, a large balcony (in our case, with an ocean view), a fridge (sort of), desk, safe, etc.

The front line staff is great. We made friends with a number of them, and they always remembered your name and made an extra, non-intrusive effort to great you each day. Some of them wanted to do too much for you (like being seated at the buffet), but they gladly let you do your thing if you told them so.

Some of the issues we had required repeat visits to the front desk, guest services and our tour company reps. The front desk seemed to have limited authority, but tried hard and the guest services manager really did do a good job to help us. We really appreciated her help, but it was beyond her power to solve the biggest issue (see below). Unfortunately, the tour company reps were of limited use, but that is hardly the resort's fault.

The buffet food was average to above, but the selection was average at best. I think that as they ramp up the number of guests (I'd guess they were half full when we were there), that at least the selection will improve. We only ate at one of the ‘a-la-carte’ restaurants (there are 3: Asian, Mexican and the one we ate at, the Brazilian), and the food was excellent. They were just getting to the point of running the standard reservation system for the restaurants as we left, and I would expect that they were getting close to having more than one open a day.

THE BAD & THE VERY BAD:

Based on the information above, even I want to go back, but it is now time for the negatives.

First, and to me unacceptable, were the "white shirts." I imagine that like everyone reading this, I go to a resort to relax. No phone, no worries, no stress. Here, though, it seems like senior management is more interested in selling the attached timeshares than anything else. The "white shirts" as we called them, were out stalking guests every morning from about 8am until noon. It was their job to get people into the timeshare presentations with the "green shirts." We generally were approached by about 2-3 on the way to breakfast, and no matter what they tell you, their goal is to get you to the "green shirts." They will try to coerce and guilt you into going to their "presentation." You will get a free "present," you will make him or her $5 for 5 minutes which will help his family, etc., etc. I was always polite at first, with quickly increasing directness that we weren't interested, though always civilized. The second morning one of them yelled and swore at my wife and I and another told us he'd "be waiting for us" when we were done breakfast. Here is where the nice guest services lady helped, but she couldn't make them go away completely. We felt stalked and uneasy when they were out- it was so bad that my wife would look around corners before choosing which way we would walk between destinations to avoid them.

We heard from others who got suckered into meeting with the "green shirts," and they used extremely high pressure sales tactics including insisting the couple tell them their credit scores and who paid for the trip, all after taking them to a remote beach and not bringing them back when they wanted to, though no matter what, they obviously brought them back eventually.

NO MATTER ANY OTHER ISSUE, THIS IS THE PRINCIPAL REASON I CANNOT, WILL NOT, RECOMMEND THIS RESORT.

The next major issue, though with enough feedback should be rectified, is the beds. They are terrible. I've travelled a lot, been to 80+ countries and slept in many, many beds, including those in a hotel room that I paid less than 50 cents a night for. At this resort, we slept in 3 different beds (changed rooms part way through, 2 beds in one, king in the other) and these were the worst beds either of us have ever TRIED to sleep on. We came very close to dragging lounge chairs up to our room.

The 3rd, and final, significant issue was the fridge. We were told they were actually wine coolers, but whatever they were, they never got even close to cold. Set at 5C (about 41F) by default, they never got below 11C (about 52F), which is just not cool enough for coke, let alone a beer or even cold water. Again, fixable, but disappointing.

Now, we have a long list of other issues, but most can be attributed to the resort being new. Some of the better ones include:

The electricity in our first room turning off more than 6 times every night because the occupancy sensor wasn't working properly (we had to get up and walk into the bathroom each time to turn the power and a/c back on). The final straw was when we were watching TV at 9 pm, sitting on the bed, when the power went off with the exception of one lamp which flashed on and off like we were in a night club, it nearly made my wife sick before I found the plug to unplug it. The next room only about 2 of the 5 lights in the living area worked.

The ceiling fan had no speed control, and was permanently on high. Since it was mounted nearly over the bed, it was like trying to sleep beneath a hovering helicopter (you could turn it off, but then you had to set the thermostat uncomfortably low to compensate for the lack of air flow).

There was no way to lock the balcony doors. There was a trim strip over the latch on the door, and no latch at all on the jamb. On the second floor, not a serious issue, but when there are 24 hour guards around the beach and just out in front of our building, it is a concern.

Cleaning staff were marginal- coffee pot was full of old grounds and the glasses were dirty. There was hair that belonged to neither of us on the floor in the bathroom, and other such cleaning issues.

There was very limited information about the policies and timing of events. Example: we walked all the way up to the Brazilian restaurant the first night, me in a pair of dress shorts, dress sandals and a button down dress shirt, only to be turned away, with attitude, because I wasn't wearing pants (somehow, the jeans and t-shirt protest the next time the restaurant was open was fine). There was also no information on the phone as to what could be accomplished with it, so you didn't even know how to call the front desk for the information (which they often didn't know either). Even after a week, we did not know what time the various buffets, bars and restaurants were open.

When we did finally eat at the Brazilian restaurant, it was like there was a play clock. You were always eating as fast as you could, and perpetually 2-3 meats behind. There was no "stop/go" card like you usually get at this style of restaurant, and if you missed a meat, it didn't come back. It was a brutal meal, though the food was great.

Often the tables in the buffet would only have the obviously dirty dishes removed before re-setting, so you always had to inspect your silverware to make sure it was clean (about 20% of the time, not all of it was).

The buffet waiters seemed much more interested in cleaning empty tables, even when the room was nearly empty and no one was coming in, than in serving the already seated guests waters, drinks, etc. Could be cultural, or a little retraining will easily change this.

Now, given the serious issues, we noticed many smaller ones that would normally have gone unnoticed. But like I said above, most of these issues at the bottom I expect will naturally sort themselves out and are mostly added to be as complete as possible.

SUMMARY:

We are really torn. We would've overlooked all the little issues (except the bed and fridge) and strongly recommended the resort, as well as enjoying ourselves more, if it wasn't for the timeshare "stalkers." There is no way for me to recommend a place where you feel so harassed for 4 hours every day. Our most relaxing day was when we went on a city tour and weren’t at the resort.

The property is beautiful (if you have the mobility to enjoy it), the staff friendly, helpful and (for the most part) competent. The food is average to excellent, the rooms large and airy. And who could complain about the weather. The day it rained, we sat under the thatch-roofed pool bar and drank margaritas all afternoon, completely dry (a great afternoon, by the way, but the same day we were threatened by the “white shirts”).

For the people who work there, I want the resort to succeed. I still enjoyed my time with my wife and for all the good points and potential, I want to be able to recommend the resort. But, I cannot, will not, unless the focus changes and as a compromise, they set up a table or an office for those who are interested in either their "free" gift or a timeshare and do away, completely, with the "white shirts."

Sorry this review was so long…

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank farmerfox
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Hi all!
I completely agree with the previous reviews. Thank you to Estela1974!
We came from a wonderful vacation to Puerta Plata a week ago. The Be Live Grand Ambar/Carey resort is really beautiful, well-managed and attractive. Staff is very friendly, supportive and they do their best. The food was perfect, as well as disco, intertainment, beer (Presidente) and everything you will ask for or about. There is no noise or any ongoing construction. There are many activities, competitions, sport and dancing classes on the beach. People have a lot of fun and enjoy their vacation. I highly recommend it. I am going to post some pictures of it soon.

2  Thank ZerS
Reviewed January 18, 2011

stayed here in 2007 when it was sun village as its now be live grand ambar or carey. was blown away from the minute we arrived- reception with the water cascading down the walls, all the breathtaking pools & the layout so no-one was huddled in the same spot. the only let down was too much fried food which catered mainly to the large amount of american visitors.
jeep safari was great fun as was a trip to ocean world- don't bother with the dolphins as too expensive but sealions hysterically funny to see

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank woofull
Reviewed January 16, 2011

very nice resort everything was great

i went there with my 4 yrs old daughter

great food great beach and great animation crew never boring

ad the dolphins around the corner and its a great vacation

2  Thank andy667787765
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Our group of friends and family (ages 3 - 43) just returned from a week at the Be Live Carey. We travel quite often and I will be honest and say that Puerto Plata was not high on my list of places to visit especially after reading things on TA. In a word, I was completely wrong and was glad to have visited POP. The people, the scenery, the beaches are as beautiful as anywhere we have been.

The resort itself was a bit of a gamble. Usually, like most TA addicts I research our vacations to a point bordering on insanity (my wife would say I crossed that point long ago!). Months of research pouring over reviews, reading between the lines and checking every resource possible results in a well educated decision on where to vacation.

Our trip to Be Live was almost a spur of the moment decision, I was living dangerously... with no recent reviews to go by we choose the resort based solely on old reviews, promotional material from the resort itself (they're always honest...aren't they!?) and a gut feeling.

After weeks of night sweats and anxiety I can say this was one of the best vacation choices I've made. Was it perfect? No, but then perfection is a pretty subjective concept.
As other guests have commented the resort itself is stunning. A lush, tropical feel is pervasive throughout the property. Groundskeepers work tirelessly to maintain and expand the beauty. Multiple levels create many distinct areas each defined by its own pool. The pools themselves were clean and inviting. The only negative was the pool signs...they all (even the kids pool) say 'adults only' which caused some problems for our children. There are 2 adult only pools, one at the spa and the second level pool with waterfalls. The old signage was being replaced while we were there so l assume they will be fixing the pool signs as well.

We had one of the new garden view suites directly by the beach pool. The room was large with modern, clean lines. The bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub, separate walk-in shower and separate toilet area. The bathroom floors and ceiling were fully tiled and quite beautiful. As I said the decor in the room was modern and may not appeal to everyone. There were a couple of issues with the room. We were missing a garbage can and chairs for the balcony but these were resolved quickly. The towel bars in all the rooms seem to have come off and I am sure this will be resolved with a different bracket. And our mini fridge was finicky. If little things like this ruin your vacation then you should probably stay home and enjoy re-runs of Martha Stewart.

The food at the resort was good. I think we were spoiled by our cruise last year or else I would probably rate it higher. Our daughter did have a bit of a challenge finding things to eat but then she has a challenge eating at home! The Brazilian restaurant was excellent. They bring a selection of 10-11 different meats on a skewer. At first you think they are skimping on the quantity but as the meal progresses and your waist expands you realize the portions are just about perfect.

I didn't see a lot of the shows. The one show we did go to was a magician and it was a lot of fun...well at least I think it was...a few too many pina coladas, mama wannas, and a large shot of 151 proof meant that I was the 'guy' that gets dragged on stage and is fodder for the magician. Other members of our group went to some of the other shows and while entertaining there is room for improvement. Based upon the efforts of the staff, I am sure with time the shows will be very good.

I've read many reviews about the beach most describing it as 'natural' and how it doesn't compare to the white sand of Punta Cana. Is it white sand, no. Is the water crystal clear, no. Having said this, the beach is as beautiful as any I have seen (Bahamas, Mexico, Florida, even the beaches on Georgian Bay) The surf crashes on the point of land to the right of the resort and the ocean is multiple shades of blue. There are areas to the far left that are calm and great for kids to explore and find shells. The waves roll in in varying degrees of strength allowing for boogie boarding and great swimming. A nice coral reef is about 30 ft off shore and the water visibility was much better than I thought it would be. There aren't a ton of fish but they are there and I enjoyed snorkeling everyday.

Overall, our vacation was phenomenal. The resort staff are incredibly friendly and I would often see the same servers at 7 am as I would at 10:30 pm meaning they work long hours and are still able to smile at the fat tourists. If there is a negative, then it would be the 'vacation club' people who are in white shirts. just like 'drugs' just say 'no' and they shouldn't bother you too much. As the week progressed everything improved (good to great) which indicates the staff is continually working to make the Be Live Carey one of the best resorts in POP.

I'll make a comment on Puerto Plata in general. The area is absolutely beautiful. Mountains, ocean and jungles provide a lush backdrop to your vacation. The city is a working port city but is quite clean and I felt as safe or safer here than any of the other cities I have visited including North American cities.

If all you want is an AI and white sand beaches then go to Punta Cana but if you want an awesome vacation with an endless array of excursions( I'll review some separately) and a chance to experience the 'real' Dominican Republic then go to Puerto Plata and the Be Live Carey.

7  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Before I start writing my review, I find it necessary to provide you with some background information about me, because people and their expectations are very different, most times depending on their origin, environment and travel habits.
I am originally from Austria, and moved to the Caribbean four years ago, where I lived in Barbados for a few months, and then moved to Grenada, where I live for over three years now. Before I moved down here, I was traveling 3-4 times a year, most of it overseas (Caribbean, Central America), and I have been to the Dominican Republic several times already. I have spent vacations in Punta Cana, Samana and Bayahibe, stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels, so I believe I have some experience with the all inclusive resorts in this country. I also spent a lot of time in Cuba and other smaller Caribbean islands, made my experiences with both, luxury resorts and really simple establishments (Casa Particulares, guest houses etc.).
Having said all that, and living a quite simple life now, I know to appreciate a good hotel with all the luxury amenities, but more than that, I do appreciate and honor hard working and friendly staff, going out of their way to make the guests happy and their stay most enjoyable.
Prior to booking the Be Live Carey, I was looking for a nice, clean, quiet and rather smaller 4 to 5 star hotel, which also doesn’t cost a fortune. Eventually I stumbled over the Be Live Grand Ambar, that’s how it was called before the opening (it’s still this name, but from what I found out, only for Nolitours Canada guests, which is a separate section of rooms). I travelled from Dec. 15 – 30, together with my 14 year old daughter, “single with child”, which is always a challenge to find affordable resorts. I paid EUR 850.00 (USD 1,100) for the two weeks for my daughter and me, in a “low-cost standard room”, for the room and all inclusive (flight was separate). The price, and you will agree, was not to beat, not for a brand new 4 or 5 star resort in the main season. We booked with a German tour operator, which I find, is always cheaper than any of the international travel websites you find on the web. I am a quite experienced “booker”, so I do know where to book to get the best price ;)
Before the Be Live Carey we stayed 4 days at the Be Live Hamaca in Boca Chica, and I will upload a separate review for that hotel shortly.
Since I booked flight and hotel separately and on my own, we didn’t have a transfer, so, coming from the south (Boca Chica/Santo Domingo), we just took the Caribe Tours bus from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata, which was cheap and no problem at all. Their buses are air conditioned (well, too much to be honest), and the one-way trip cost RD$ 330 per person (~ USD 9) and took 4 hours. We arrived in the afternoon, and since it was only one day after the resort was officially opened, we obviously were the first guests to arrive! Once we stepped into the lobby, two employees walked over and greeted us with our first names! I was surprised because I didn’t say a word yet, but then they said we were the first guests so they knew ;) Then we got a welcome cocktail, shortly after we got our room keycards and then we were directed to our room by the manager on duty himself. I really must add how extremely friendly and welcoming everybody was, we immediately felt home there, even though the weather was not that good, rainy and quite cold.
Our room was #30404, it was a standard room right below the main pool area, close to lobby and restaurants, and was one of the renovated ones. It was not big, but beds and furniture was new, the mattresses were the best ones I have slept in for years (and brand new too!), there was a flatscreen TV, phone, an ottoman, a desk with chair, and the bathroom was nice too with new sinks. I believe the toilet was new, but the bathtub/shower was only refurbished. There was also a huge balcony with two chairs and a table (not the cheapie, but nice ones!). Everything was extremely clean, of very good quality and I was very happy with our room, even though the dresser could have been more spacious. We also had a safe (we had to pay for it, I think it was USD 3 per day) and a fridge, stocked with two beers, two sodas (coke & sprite) and two bottles of water. What was a nice feature, we found a bottle of Spanish sparkling wine in a champagne cooler with ice, together with nice champagne glasses and some type of “hors d’oeuvres” on arrival. Not sure if this was only because we were the first guests, but it was very nice.
The tiles in the bedroom and bathroom seemed to be new as well, and in general, I have to say, the room was more than ok for the star rating, and to know we were sleeping on a thick, brand new pillow top mattress, covered with brand new, warm and fluffy duvet felt so great!
I have to emphasize again on the extremely friendly and helpful staff, throughout the resort and the whole stay, there was not only one single person who did not treat us like queens! I have to add though that I speak Spanish, so maybe that helped, but in general, I am simply friendly and polite to everyone and that only earned me friendliness back. For me, this was by far the best staff I ever experienced in a hotel in the DR. Starting from the receptionist, the waiters at the bars and restaurants, and then the animation team, outstanding, all of them very well trained, working very professional, and always so nice and friendly. I remembered all their names after only a few days, and I always greeted them by name, which earned me additional smiles ?
Resort in general
The resort might seem not that lush and full of plants like other resorts I have visited, but due to the elevated location, there was a lot of tiling (natural stones), and also a lot of stairs, which makes it not so suitable for people who have problems walking a lot.
There is a huge lobby with reception area, an internet room (internet use was free while we were there since they didn’t manage to install the Wi-Fi for the rooms as yet), one shop (two more shops were about to open), then the Teatro for the shows with the Cocktail bar, open in the evenings.
Close to the lobby there was also the main pool with pool bar and additional “grotto bar” within the pool (was only open the last few days while we were there), the disco, the Brazilian a-la carte and a bit further down the steps the Buffet restaurant and the Asian restaurant with attached “Gourmet Bar”.
Further down there was another pool area with waterfall, the kids pool and close to it, the Kids Club, again further down a few more steps another pool (very quiet) with separate pool bar (wasn’t open during the time we were there).
Directly at the beach, and close to the new junior suite buildings there were another two pools with pool bar, the Mexican restaurant and the snack bar. Also at the beach side was the watersports office, and two more shops which were not opened yet, one of them to be the Ice Cream Parlor.
For people who didn’t want to walk you can just call the reception to be picked up by one of the many golf carts. Really wasn’t a problem at all for us but it was quite some walking, especially ones we were moved to the beach side junior suite building:

On our second evening, we had suddenly HOT water coming down from the ceiling and from the air condition unit, the room was flooded within a few minutes. I was quite shocked but managed to call the reception and they sent three people within a very short time, I was stunned how quick they reacted.
They immediately told us to pack our stuff, and told us we were moved to one of the brand new junior suites at the beach! I was very surprised how quick and nice they reacted, especially after we did the tour with one of the Lifestyle Vacation Club guys and saw one of these junior suites.
We hopped onto a golf cart after packing our bags, and were brought to our new room, which was AMAZING! Huge room, bright and contemporary furniture and tiling, king-size bed, huge bathroom with double sink, shower room for at least 4 people LOL, separate toilet, and the best of all, huge Jacuzzi, dividing bathroom area and bedroom! No wall! Please also have a look at my pictures.
The color scheme was white and orange, with nice stone-like tiling in the bathroom. All together, very very nice! We got another bottle of sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres, as apology for the “inconvenience of moving” LOL – well how could we complain?? Now we were almost directly on the beach, the only slight drawback was that we had longer ways to the restaurants near the lobby, but again, nothing to complain since we got a free upgrade for the remaining 12 days!

FOOD
We ate at all the restaurants (Buffet, Asian, Brazilian, Mexican, Snack Bar) and it was always excellent, of very good quality, variety was good, service outstanding. I don’t know what other guests say, but I was expecting way less than that and I was more than satisfied. If I had to say which food I liked least, it was the Asian. Breakfast was very good too, especially the first days when it was a-la carte and only at the Mexican restaurant due to the low guest number. Brazilian was my favorite, the meat was awesome, cooked perfectly and very tasty, and the additional salad/starter buffet very good as well.
I can’t say anything negative at all about the food! I loved it and put on some weight… ;)

At the buffet restaurants you can get 24hours snacks, so you can always get fries, burgers, sandwiches, salad and pizza all night long, which is nice after being in the disco and shaking legs LOL

BEACH
Well, I knew in advance that the beaches in the north are nothing compared to Punta Cana, Samana or Bayahibe, and I didn’t book this resort because of the beach anyways. It is rather dark, rough sand, the sea is rather brownish and the water was quite cold as well due to the season. But, I live on an island with beautiful Punta-Cana-like beaches, so I was OK with that and spent most of the time at the main pool, which was quiet and exactly what I was looking for. The beach was great for activities though, and the animation team had always something going on. I played Beachvollyeball most of the days, which was at 11am and 4pm every day except when it was raining.
You can walk down the beach a bit, but not like Punta Cana, so if you expect a mile-long beach, you will be disappointed. Also, if you expect warm and turquoise water, go to Punta Cana, because in the north you will not find such beaches. The sea was quite rough most of the days as well, due to the winter season, and my daughter found it very disappointing that they didn’t have any surfboards, because to me it seemed to be a perfect surf spot! Many waves, rolling in gently to the shore, my daughter was really craving for a surfboard LOL
STAFF
Once more, outstanding people, working extremely hard for the little money, always smiling, greeting you by your name after a few days, very professional, great service.
Roxanna, Merlyn, Jose, Jose (two of them), Rudolfo, Kenny, Gabriel, Daniel, Marcellino, Inocencio, Marcus, Leonel etc. – all of you were just great, please don’t change!!

ANIMATION
Wow, what to say. I am normally NOT the animation type person, I never participate in the games, but this time I just had to, they were such great people, and even though sometimes the jokes of Tony Montana (LOL) were getting on my nerves ;) I really loved all of them, they are all working so hard, trying to make every day an unforgettable experience for the guests. Lorenzo and his team, Tony (alias Wilfin), Machello (alias Luis), Ronaldinho (alias Belguis), Rolando, Jorge and Jenny, you were all simply GREAT!
Keep in mind that these people work seven days a week, from early morning until midnight, please honor them not only with tips but some “Thank You’s” and smiles now and then, they will appreciate it and make your stay a memorable one.

The evening shows started at 9:30pm and most of them were really good, some of them the usual games with guests which were OK. Best of all was the Michael Jackson show with a separate dance group who performed there a few times. Don’t miss that show!
One night the animation crew did a show as well, a comedian show, which was fun as well, even though not as professional as the shows of the dance crew, but again, keep in mind they are working very hard and the effort they all put into these shows is amazing.

I apologize for this long review, I hope I could give you an overview, and if you still have questions, feel free to send me a message.
I can only emphasize again what an amazing time we had there, and if we can still afford it we will definitely go back there. Number one reason is the amazing staff, no doubt.

A last note about the Lifestyle Vacation Club:
Yes, the whole resort is part of a Timesharing company, the Lifestyle Resorts, and there are many guys at the BeLive Carey, waiting to show you their product. We did the tour through the whole resort with them on our second day, and it was very informative. Their “VIP” villas, presidential suites, restaurants, beach/pool areas etc. are of outstanding quality, but yet, I didn’t find the price for the package appealing to me, so we took the tour, but of course, never got back to them with a purchase on mind. They never bothered us again though, because we simply told them we did the tour already and weren’t interested. Done. Yes, I have seen some of them being quite “sticky” to other guests, but as for us, I didn’t have a problem with them, because even though they new we wouldn’t buy in, they were still greeting us politely every day. So what? You don’t want it, tell them, and they won’t bother you.
Please also keep in mind that the hotel just opened, so there might be some issues still to be fixed, but for me there was never an issue too big to be worth complaining about. Also, for the low price I paid, I was more than satisfied with my choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family