POSITIVE: The staff is very friendly and helpful at every turn. Check in/out was fast and painless. The room was very nice and tended too often by the staff. The resort was large and well kept with many areas to settle in next to a pool or beach.
NEGATIVE: The food and drink are absolutely awful! We were in both the common all inclusive with access to the VIP. In the VIP area the drinks were a clear step in the right direction. By that I mean they were average. In the common all inclusive areas the drinks were just nasty. Warm beer poured from what looked like a windshield washer fluid jug and blended drinks that were watery in flavor and appearance...just gross. The buffet food had many choices in which only a handful would temp you to try. The scheduled dinners ranged from average to an FDA agents dream inspection. AVOID Johnnys at all cost. The place is a 1970s mold infested basement (smell included) with 1970 banquet hall décor complete with a dehumidifier center of the room. They even made us use hand sanitizer when we stepped into the restaurant....strange. The consistency at all restaurants does not exist. We were a party of 9 that had many duplicated dishes in the group nightly. The quantity and quality of all dishes was a wide range. One example was a nicely prepped bruschetta for one guest and another that came out looking like a flattened hotdog roll with only 3 small chunks of tomato...not sure how this made it out to the kitchen.
We also witnessed (in the VIP area) the staff shaking out the towels and rerolling them for the next days events.....no joke.....we couldn't believe it. You wonder why they had such a bad flu outbreak while we were there. Witnessing this practice made me question what other sanitary practices are they short cutting. SCARY.....
After repeated attempts to get beer delivered to our room so that we could have a few cocktails on the balcony we went to the lobby mart to get a 6 pack....they wanted $30...seriously!?
I will close by telling you that the constant sewer smell on the property will give me nightmares for weeks....some areas so strong it takes your breath away. I cant remember the last vacation I went on and came home 10 lbs lighter.
We will never be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata