Our trip was saved by the entertainment team. Special mention to Salami, Speedy Gonsales, Rambo, Mickey Mouse, Shaggy, Barbie, Julio & Darling.
We booked our trip to arrive on a Sunday because of the Welcome party that they do every week. To our surprise, that week there was no party because the party was for the employees. When I'm happy to hear that the company cares enough for the staff to give them a party, the hotel was totally abandoned and the food was HORRIBLE! That was our first impression of the hotel and we had 12 days to go.
On the second day someone told us he would pick us up in our room to go for breakfast (we were amazed) to then find out it was just a trick to try to sell us the membership to Holiday Lifestyle Resorts. (After a couple of hours we told the guy we wanted to go to the beach, that's why we were there). I wish they told people what that was about before making you waste 2 hours of your holidays.
Because of our VIP package (blue bracelet) we could make reservations to the restaurants every night. But not to the other 11 VIP restaurants. That's just for the gold bracelet and the shareholders.
After those two first days of disappointment, we decided to change our spirit and enjoy whatever we found in our way or our holidays would be totally destroy and that's when we met the entertainment team. The hotel is huge!! You have access to many places (with the VIP bracelet) but we decided to stay in Cofresi pool by the beach because of the guys there.
The people in the VIP VN are AMAZING!!! Samuel, Miguel, Jose Antonio and the rest of the guys that can't remember their names are just a pleasure to treat with. We were so sad to say goodbye!
We would have breakfast every morning in Casablanca at The Tropical just because there we had JUANA Diaz and Jose Antonio. They made our mornings to be unique!!
Stay away from the VIP Beach bar. They are rude and nasty (the guys, the girls are nice). Won't even give names but we went once and never came back. The guys that serve you at the jacuzzis and the beds are pleasant though.
Our second Sunday at the hotel we had finally our Welcome party and have to say that is amazing. All the shows and entertainment of the hotel makes it worth it.
I don't know if I would come back to this hotel but at least I had a good time because of the people we met and I want to THANK THEM for that!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata