What happened to Lifestyle? This was not my first time coming there but it is probably the last. What happened to the Lifestyle resort? Seems like everything just turned to dust or worse. I hope management wakes up and takes notice that while they are possibly on vacation, the employees are taking a big break from everything too there.
Unhelpful front desk staff.
No respect for my time, no desire to assist with making check in faster, worried about keeping their jobs but unable to help with simple asks, even though they do speak english well. Took 30 minutes and help from cheapcaribean rep to resolve matters. These are not how employees at lifestyle were before, its first time I see Enmanuel working there for example, are they all new or what is wrong? To sum it up, any interaction with front desk leaves a bad taste in the mouth, nothing gets done, and you leave feeling like an idiot. Well maybe I am for booking my vacation at the Lifestyle.
The room was clean, the fridge contained beer and softdrink. Next day it took some arm twisting just to get another bottle of water. No more beer, you only get it on your first day. The room is very basic, nothing really to describe because there is only a bed, tv, and a table there. The toiletries were there, but some bottles were half filled, meaning other people before us used them, eeek. In the mornings there was no hot water and the stream was weak. I called the brilliant front desk for help. When they "fixed it", I tried turning on the water and..... drum roll please...... the shower knob fell off leaving only cold water streaming down... awesome. I called and was told to wait till next day. Next day they said they have to move us to another room. Instead of one king bed it had 2 twins, but at this point I didn't even say anything. I just didn't even want to try my luck again with them. It was it.
We went to mexican restaurant on the first night. From my last time at Lifestyle, I remembered the menu and ordered their "filet mignon". What happened to the Lifestyle? The cut of meat I got this time was something like chewing sole of your shoe, perhaps except shoe would taste better. Awful. They had good tortilla soup. But Casablanca had much better food, much better. A lot of choices, and they had an amazing singer singing all night. Really putting in a lot of the energy, and the staff at Casablanca were always great. This is what old Lifestyle was like.
What's up with the COLD Jacuzzi at the VIP beach? Because its holidays does it mean the electricity gets turned off? The pools too. COLD. COLD. Would it kill the Lifestyle to just warm it up a little bit? Again, last time I was here at VIP beach, all the Jacuzzi were hot and nice. What happened?
To sum it up:
If you are getting this at $40 a night, like some people I talked to, you have nothing to lose, this is the cheapest resort for that kind of money. BUT if you are paying anything more, which we did, go somewhere else. Its not worth the hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata