My husband and I just came back from the Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort. Overall, I think it's a great value for your money--it's a beautiful resort with lots of great pools and very good service.
Service- our check-in process was very easy and fast. They make you dinner reservations in advance for some of the restaurants. We were not happy with the Chinese restaurant, and they were able to make additional reservations at customer service for an additional restaurant. If you aren't happy, speak up and they will do their best to accommodate you. Maintenance services--our toilet broke the second day and the repairman was at our room in less than 5 minutes and fixed the toilet. The bartenders and cabana staff were excellent, very responsive, didn't have to wait and made us feel pampered.
Beach- the VIP beach, which open to everyone did not have the white sands and crystal clear waters. However, the sand was soft and the water was refreshing, so no complaints there. They have special beaches for their Lifestyle vacation members which do have the white sands and clear water, but unfortunately that's not open to everyone.
Pools--awesome pools, and a great variety. They had more action packed pools with volleyball, basketball, water aerobics, pool side games. Entertainment staff was very engaging and made our trip very fun. With so many pools, we were able to get a different experience at each one. Even a private pool with a cabana since not many people were around.
Food- this is an area for improvement. Breakfast was decent, omelettes were tasy, but the french toast was undercooked and soggy. Nice selection of fresh juices in the morning. Lunch- we mostly ate at the Cabanas, and their sandwiches and wings were quite good. Dinner--definitely a hit or miss. The Indochine restaurant--worst General Tso's chicken we've ever tasted. The sauce was terrible, and chicken was watery and rubbery at the same time. Stick with the local seafood on the menu (like grouper), much better bet. We really enjoyed the Mexican restaurant, probably the best out of the 3 that we tried. Buffet dinner--Most of the food was inedible. The flavors were way off and we tried about 4 items and then just ate a hot dog. We are not picky eaters, but no decent and good food. The food at the VIP part was very good, so we were disappointed that the rest of the week's food didn't live up to the potential.
Drinks- strong and tasty drinks. And it's all included- need I say more? Yes, they aren't top shelf but the drinks were still very good.
We had a great time for an amazing price, met lots of people. We really enjoyed the entertainment at the Colosseum, and dancing at the Ice nightclub. One thing to be aware of, on your first day a concierge will escort you to breakfast and then collect you for a timeshare presentation. We told them upfront that we were not interested, but went on the tour any which was worthwhile to see the other beaches, villas, units etc. But after a certain point, just say no thank you and walk away sot that you can ENJOY your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata